CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Since my brackets are pretty much shot, I've turned to rooting for OSU, Indiana, Michigan and Michigan State to turn the Final Four into the Big Ten Invitational.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I am no OSU homer. But the amount of hand-wringing and "what-if" BS CBS is doing over the Craft charge/block call is extreme. Greg Anthony finally makes the correct point, which is that a host of calls, plays and decisions make up a game's ultimate result. And Gumbel still won't let it go.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
After the first two rounds:

oiEfvrI.png

So far so good, but this is where it all usually falls apart...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Are there any posters here who used the CBS Sports brackets? If so I have 42 points and want to compare with the local yokel’s...:)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
my two CBS ones are bad...in one i had Georgetown and New Mexico in my final four...the other one, i just missed a lot of upsets but still have my final four intact....

. . . . . Rank Score Best Possible
Chris P 37 402 672

i have 28 correct picks, the leader has 35

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Go Bucks. Thank god LaQuinton Ross started playing enough D to get on the floor. Without him the Bucks would have been one and done.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The great Thad Matta layed an egg on Easter Sunday Eve….

Freaking no name Wichita State University beats the Buckeyes in the Elite Eight…. Stupid.

The Bucks where not prepared… Matta is not that great folks.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008

Freaking no name Wichita State University beats the Buckeyes in the Elite Eight…. Stupid.

Matta has put OSU Basketball on the map. Give me Matta over any Buckeye basketball coach, including Fred Taylor!

Very disappointing loss though. It looked to me like the boys may have made it a sun and fun getaway rather than a business trip.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Matta has put OSU Basketball on the map. Give me Matta over any Buckeye basketball coach, including Fred Taylor!

Very disappointing loss though. It looked to me like the boys may have made it a sun and fun getaway rather than a business trip.

I buy both of these to some extent. I think Matta is a pretty good recruiter,but his last couple of classes haven't been too hot. I like Q but Matta has kept a guy who scored 17 pts in each of the last three games on the bench for most of the season.??? (I know, I know, he can't play D)

Also except for that one game where he went small and turned the tide, I don't think he is very good at making game adjustments to solve problems. And i think he often waits too long to "Get a TO Baby" to try and stop the other team's momentum.

Hard to argue with his overall success but I don't buy into him as a great coach. Pretty good most of the time.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I buy both of these to some extent. I think Matta is a pretty good recruiter,but his last couple of classes haven't been too hot. I like Q but Matta has kept a guy who scored 17 pts in each of the last three games on the bench for most of the season.??? (I know, I know, he can't play D)

Also except for that one game where he went small and turned the tide, I don't think he is very good at making game adjustments to solve problems. And i think he often waits too long to "Get a TO Baby" to try and stop the other team's momentum.

Hard to argue with his overall success but I don't buy into him as a great coach. Pretty good most of the time.

He took a middling program to one that has a chance most years to compete for a championship. Agree that his x/o's might be a little suspect. He hasn't been able to land the big bluechips lately.

He is no Dean Smith or John Wooden, but he has made it fun to watch since he has been here.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
GZ6sgut.png

The players put themselves in a hole too deep to get out of in the first half. This was the weakest squad at OSU that Matta has gotten this far in the tournament.

I'm not saying "In Matta I Trust", but maybe I'm saying I trust him more than any other options because.... what are the other options?

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
prayers go out to kevin ware. that was gruesome.

Hadn't heard about this until someone posted a picture of his leg on my FB feed. Worst injury I've ever seen; I think it trumps Joe Theismann's injury. Had to crack a beer to get over it :help:

Hope he has a full and speedy recovery!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
worst one to me is still napolean mccallum back in the 80's...but yeah, Ware is definitely up there for me in grussome injuries...he's already up and walking with crutches...so he's on the road to recovery

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Hadn't heard about this until someone posted a picture of his leg on my FB feed. Worst injury I've ever seen; I think it trumps Joe Theismann's injury. Had to crack a beer to get over it :help:

Hope he has a full and speedy recovery!

Interesting choice of words there.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Nothing on Colt getting traded?

I expected the Browns fans here to be irate over this.

As soon as Lombardi was named GM, I more or less quit caring. I fully expect at least one more QB to be signed as a free agent, then a huge reach for a QB in the first round. We'll probably see Trent Richardson moved for a 7th-rounder.

He's the NFL version of Doug MacLean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad