CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
And potentially Kevin Love/Andrew Wiggins. Wiggins is either kept or traded in a package for Love, whichever LeBron would like.

I'd like to see it working without a trade for Love, if for no other reason than salary. The other reason is I'd prefer to see them succeed with players they've drafted.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Wasn't letting LeBron play GM the last time around one of things that ultimately caused him to leave town? He wanted Jamison, he wanted Shaq and nothing was accomplished with those moves.... the Cavs don't have a Pat Reilly type guy in their front office or organization, what's to stop LeBron from hijacking the whole organization again? Because it sounds like it. And is Cleveland ready to risk all of this for just a two or three year deal (what were hearing) because LeBron wants the flexibility to leave to chase more titles elsewhere?

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
They need to ship Jarrett Jack + pick to NJ to clear cap space. And/or move Waiters. I wouldn't trust Kevin Love too much because he wants to play in LA or NY, so there's very little chance he'd sign a long-term deal. Plus, Kyrie + Love + LBJ = no cap space for anyone else.

I'd give Wiggins a shot. With LeBron and Kyrie, he would just have to play lock down defense and get out on the fastbreaks (good candy bar, btw). He won't be relied upon as "THE GUY" for a couple years. They have a bunch of average big men - Side Show Bob, Zeller, Thompson, Hawes (maybe?), Bennett could be a 4 I guess. So Love would definitely bolster their average, at best, front court.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Hawes is, *ahem* will! when it becomes officially official on July 10th going to sign with the Clippers. So he won't be there, which is a shame because he would have been a good piece to have there, as far as it being a planned move to not resign him? Hmmm, you need to be smart when it comes to big men and Hawes is a big man that can play

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
pe4sxpr1nsadgopwaich.png

:facepalm:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
its Johnny Manziel

I heard this morning that ppl are beginning to think its all a ruse and he's doing this for the attention...I don't knwo what to believe about him any more

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Johnny Manziel I do believe or a reincarnation of Joe Willie Namath.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
How can anyone be shocked by anything Manziel does. Was nobody paying attention to his antics in college?

Any comparison to Namath should stop with the partying. I really doubt this kid will lead any football team to a championship.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Lol and the host of bloggers and apologists now finding other "plausible" explanations for the behavior photographed there.

He's clearly rolling his bills up so he increases his pocket space. This jittery dude I work with who goes into the bathroom all the time does this all the time.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Boy unless Manziel really is the actual savior for the Browns he's going to get old real quick in the NFL.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
If Lebron goes to Cleveland and with Manziel making the ESPN.com every time he eats breakfast, will ESPN just relocate to Cleveland?

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
If Lebron goes to Cleveland and with Manziel making the ESPN.com every time he eats breakfast, will ESPN just relocate to Cleveland?

Objectively speaking, even Cleveland is smaller than NYC, while Bristol CT gets a pass because it's close to NYC. So, no. Besides, even Columbus is the Denver, ATL, and Boston of Ohio, especially when these four cities are both state capitals and largest cities of their respective states.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
I fully realize how foolishly impetuous that letter was, but I loved it, nonetheless!

I'll defend Gilbert for it. Too often in today's sports, owners seem more aloof because of many things. I'm sure Gilbert knew at the time, and many of the Cavs fans knew that his promise wasn't plausible. But it's exactly what I would want my team's owner to do, albeit a little more measured and less reactionary

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
at the time, i loved it...showed his passion for wanting to build a winner the right way. I'm not sure yet if bringing LBJ back changes my perception of him or not...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO 3m
Cavs have had back and forth with LeBron's camp, more than what's been reported, I'm told. But source says he thinks LBJ leaning toward Heat

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Just turned the World Cup on in time to see Germany's fifth goal! What the hell? They apparently scored four goal in less than ten minutes!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
After all the weekend buzz with LeBron returning to Cleveland I think the silence is telling he will go back to Miami. He was seen having dinner with Wade and a couple of their friends from Miami and Cleveland, and then they went out and partied in vegas. Also Pat Riley and LeBron are meeting today.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
After all the weekend buzz with LeBron returning to Cleveland I think the silence is telling he will go back to Miami. He was seen having dinner with Wade and a couple of their friends from Miami and Cleveland, and then they went out and partied in vegas. Also Pat Riley and LeBron are meeting today.

I agree.

Cleveland sports radio will be hilarious. Worth getting potentially fired for just to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad