CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The Decision: Part Deux. Where will he take his talents this time? I hate the NBA, nothing but showboaters.

Of course, obviously false. And the phrase preceding it, profoundly uninteresting. Take your attitude somewhere else why don't you

These guys aren't show boaters - just GM's in training :sarcasm:. Since W(hen)TF are players making roster decisions? If that isn't showboating/egomania I don't know what it is. I'm so glad San Antonio kicked the Heat's butt.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
These guys aren't show boaters - just GM's in training :sarcasm:. Since W(hen)TF are players making roster decisions? If that isn't showboating/egomania I don't know what it is. I'm so glad San Antonio kicked the Heat's butt.

What are you doing, confusing me with thinking that Kev22 was talking only about the Heat? No, he made a blanket statement. My point to his post was, look no further than the 2014 NBA champs to disprove the "NBA, nothing but showboaters" premise.

And I mean, a hockey fan who can't stand the NBA. Stop the presses.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
What are you doing, confusing me with thinking that Kev22 was talking only about the Heat? No, he made a blanket statement. My point to his post was, look no further than the 2014 NBA champs to disprove the "NBA, nothing but showboaters" premise.

And I mean, a hockey fan who can't stand the NBA. Stop the presses.

I'm a basketball fan that can't stand the NBA.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What's entertaining to some isn't always entertaining to all. As a hockey fan you should know this.

Some people find Real Housewives entertaining - they would suggest to me I am missing out, when in fact I'm not missing anything. Some people don't find Adam Sandler movies entertaining but I do.

I find the NBA to be boring.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
hm, costa rica and netherlands to 11 meters. Go Costa Rica!

That was a great match. I can't stand that they decide such important games by penalty kicks. It'd be like having single-game elimination shootouts for the Stanley Cup.

Just tweak the rules so that someone will score before then: make it sudden death after 90 minutes, relax the offsides rule, take out a player or two on each side, perhaps the keepers. Anything other than just kicks.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
What's entertaining to some isn't always entertaining to all. As a hockey fan you should know this.

I find the NBA to be boring.

Don't I know it. That's why I said to each their own. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, I just took exception to an unentertaining post that sought to prove a point by way of a demonstrably false statement.

That was a great match. I can't stand that they decide such important games by penalty kicks. It'd be like having single-game elimination shootouts for the Stanley Cup.

Just tweak the rules so that someone will score before then: make it sudden death after 90 minutes, relax the offsides rule, take out a player or two on each side, perhaps the keepers. Anything other than just kicks.

I can't stand Robben is what I can't stand.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Robben is another all world talent that loves to take the easy way out whenever possible...he's just behind Ronaldo on that list for me...

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Robben is another all world talent that loves to take the easy way out whenever possible...he's just behind Ronaldo on that list for me...

I have no idea what this means. The guy never let up in this game, there doesn't appear to be anything easy about what Robben does.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Yeah his talent is world class. And I even think he works very hard out there, tons of energy. But he's dirty too and doesn't get punished for it enough

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
"Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was arrested for DWI in Raleigh, N.C., on Friday night, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports."

What a waste.

I'll go out on a limb. Gordon wants out of Cleveland. I think back to the "tiff" with Kyrie Irving in the media when he quoted Dion Waiters that he and Kyrie don't get along. He seemingly makes bad decisions everywhere but when he is actually on the football field. The Ohio sports pessimist in me says that he is angling to get out Cleveland, because some other team will pick him up.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Lori Schmidt ‏@LoriSchmidt 37s
MT @SamAmicoFSO Told, by multiple sources, LeBron agent Rich Paul told Cavs he's impressed with what they've done & can still do to roster.

things getting interesting

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Lori Schmidt ‏@LoriSchmidt 37s
MT @SamAmicoFSO Told, by multiple sources, LeBron agent Rich Paul told Cavs he's impressed with what they've done & can still do to roster.

things getting interesting

indeed!

In my opinion he's only got two choices- Heat or Cavs

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Agreed, and according to ESPN's Chris Broussard, he is leaning towards Cleveland

Actually, I'd rather play in Cleveland. Wade's about finished as a player who could be considered one of a "Big 3". If he's anything, LeBron's a guy who wants help and there's not a lot of it for him in Miami. Now, Kyrie Irving and James?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Actually, I'd rather play in Cleveland. Wade's about finished as a player who could be considered one of a "Big 3". If he's anything, LeBron's a guy who wants help and there's not a lot of it for him in Miami. Now, Kyrie Irving and James?

And potentially Kevin Love/Andrew Wiggins. Wiggins is either kept or traded in a package for Love, whichever LeBron would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad