Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Blue Jackets sign Zac Rinaldo (1 year, $750k, two-way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't know what kind of hockey some people here have been watching, but stickwork happens all the time in the NHL. Putting your stick against a guy isn't in and of itself a signal that you want to fight, and dropping the gloves and swinging immediately is completely moronic and shows the kind of mental capacity Rinaldo has.

Girard wasn't even looking at Rinaldo when he threw the punch.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
The NHL is probably better off without players like Rinaldo in it. Unskilled and simply looking to make hits / fight people.

That said, I don't know why people are blowing this out of proportion. It's a 1-year two way contract and the odds of him making the Blue Jackets roster - aside from a severe bout of injuries or need to police a team following an incident - should be quite low. So probably a non-factor as he's on his way out of professional hockey.

Reactions: Monk

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Wish Rinaldo punched Girard harder having read your posts

Because that would somehow make Rinaldo more worthy of a fifth chance to prove that he's learned from his previous purposeful attempts to hurt his fellow players? Or are you pretending that I'm somehow only upset because it's Girard getting punched?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
That didn't last long
This has a strong chance to be in relation to his speech at a political rally about vaccines for the PPC which if americans dont know what is, it is the furthest right political party in Canada.

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
Well he's never getting an NHL game check which what all guys who sign 2-two deals hope for in getting as many as you can, as the rate is about triple his AHL pay.

a little under $10k per game

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I wonder if he's still worth a 3rd?

Can you tell me how your response has any, at all relation to what I said?

What was your comment about then? The implication from your post was that he should be allowed to play regardless of his choices. If that wasn't your intent then your comment was pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad