Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Blue Jackets sign Zac Rinaldo (1 year, $750k, two-way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
If everyone else is vaccinated then what’s the issue? He should just do it, but this sounds moronic on both sides.
Vaccinated people can catch the bug as well. Unvaccinated people and their ability to move without hindrance will be compromised as well. There's nothing moronic from the Jackets side here apart from the decision to sign this pos in the first place.

Reactions: mattyboy

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Good for him for making his own decisions, but glad he won’t be in the league cause he plays like an idiot.

Jul 6, 2016
Lol so AHL is welcoming unvaxxed

It seems like it. But these players won't be allowed to play across the borders, depending if they are on an American or Canadian based team. Like Ylonen for Laval, who could play games in Canada but not in USA.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Vaccinated people can catch the bug as well. Unvaccinated people and their ability to move without hindrance will be compromised as well. There's nothing moronic from the Jackets side here apart from the decision to sign this pos in the first place.
Not sure if you are making a case for Rinaldo or against him. Why this ban against unvaccinated if the vaccinated can catch the bug and forward it to others just like unvaccinated?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Not sure if you are making a case for Rinaldo or against him. Why this ban against unvaccinated if the vaccinated can catch the bug and forward it to others just like unvaccinated?

Because the vaccine slashes those percentages significantly. Are condoms useless because the possibility they will fail exists? Don't be obtuse.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Don't really see how he could be allowed to play for an NHL farm team either, really. If the NHL policy is that anybody who comes into contact with player personnel must be vaccinated, well, at some point they are going to recall a player from the AHL. And that player shouldn't have been in contact with Rinaldo either. Maybe the AHL is lagging a bit in terms of officially announcing their policy, but if they're going to work as a feeder to the NHL, then it seems they'll eventually have to be in lockstep with the NHL policy too.
:dunno:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Because being vaxed greatly reduces risk of catching it. Not that hard to understand.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
What does being conservative or liberal have to do with vaccination?
I think it's maybe referring to how it's the idiots at the extreme end of both the right and left that refuse science and vaccines.

It's the one thing the Neo-Nazi's and the Naturopathic 'cleanse diet' Whole-Foods hippies have in common.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
To imply that those who got vaccinated don't think for themselves is absolutely asinine.

My words literally say making his own decisions. Has nothing to do with anyone’s thinking? Have some underlying anger built up there sir? I’m vaccinated but don’t give a shit if anyone else decides to so I’ll say it again, good for him making his own decisions, I shouldn’t feel obligated to attack this guy based on medical decisions, but I’m glad he’s not playing based on his style of play.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
If he gets sick it comes at the club's expense, why even bother when it's an expendable plug?

I mean this is the key point. If it were Werenski unvaccinated, I'm sure Columbus would find a way to include him in camp. But if you're a fringe player you can't afford to be making things difficult for the team. The amount of distractions/hurdles any sports team will put up with is directly correlated to talent level of the player.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I mean this is the key point. If it were Werenski unvaccinated, I'm sure Columbus would find a way to include him in camp. But if you're a fringe player you can't afford to be making things difficult for the team. The amount of distractions/hurdles any sports team will put up with is directly correlated to talent level of the player.

If Gary Bettman was unvaccinated he's not getting past the mandates. This is a public health issue and you are potentially risking the lives and livelihood of many players, staff, and arena workers. No one is above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad