GDT: CBJ at Minnesota 2PM

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I only watched it once but I thought Nick picked off Johnny in his haste to get back into the play?
it created a little bit of chaos but it wasnt near Gaudreau. Gaudreau was with Kaprizov off to the side and turned his head the wrong way to see the puck and lost sight of Kaprizov who went back to the net for the tap in while Gaudreau was off going for a skate.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Its a fine line, but a tender almost needs to be a villain. Not afraid to call out teammates and such. Its just such a fine line between angry criticism and being an a hole/ cancer of a teammate. In the moment stuff like that is fine, as long as it doesn't spill to much into the locker room long after the game.

I think this is wrong.

It can be good for a person wearing a letter or a coach to be that guy to “push back” on things that need to be changed or not happen on the ice, but, VERY rarely do you want your goalie to fulfill this role. Even worse, which I think seems relevant and is the case with Elvis, is when a goalie WANTS to fulfill this role, or feels it’s needed or justified.

The only time you want your goalie to be this way, or for it to actually have a positive impact on the team, would be when a goalie is HIGHLY respected by the team as a whole, or is some “decorated” veteran with many accolades and/or playing at an extremely high level. I had my issues with how Bobrovsky played and carried himself at times, but, his overall body of work and respect he did seem to have from the players as a “professional”, did allow him some leeway regarding the negative aspects regarding his “attitude” that surfaced at times. And to add, other than at the very end of his CBJ time, and there were extended trade talks/rumors, he was never anywhere near to Elvis regarding the “problem” behaviors or “ME ME ME” attitude that Elvis seemingly has regarding nearly everything.

Regarding Elvis, NONE of that is there. There have been published stories from “day 1” regarding his attitude/mindset/arrogance, and that players were not a fan of him to start. How many stories have we gotten since then, regarding a change in mindset, about how much the players love or respect him…

Or care what he has to say??

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think this is wrong.

It can be good for a person wearing a letter or a coach to be that guy to “push back” on things that need to be changed or not happen on the ice, but, VERY rarely do you want your goalie to fulfill this role. Even worse, which I think seems relevant and is the case with Elvis, is when a goalie WANTS to fulfill this role, or feels it’s needed or justified.

The only time you want your goalie to be this way, or for it to actually have a positive impact on the team, would be when a goalie is HIGHLY respected by the team as a whole, or is some “decorated” veteran with many accolades and/or playing at an extremely high level. I had my issues with how Bobrovsky played and carried himself at times, but, his overall body of work and respect he did seem to have from the players as a “professional”, did allow him some leeway regarding the negative aspects regarding his “attitude” that surfaced at times. And to add, other than at the very end of his CBJ time, and there were extended trade talks/rumors, he was never anywhere near to Elvis regarding the “problem” behaviors or “ME ME ME” attitude that Elvis seemingly has regarding nearly everything.

Regarding Elvis, NONE of that is there. There have been published stories from “day 1” regarding his attitude/mindset/arrogance, and that players were not a fan of him to start. How many stories have we gotten since then, regarding a change in mindset, about how much the players love or respect him…

I'm not saying it's not true, and I wouldn't be surprised, quite the opposite, but can you tell me how you know this?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I didn't see the game, that's why I'm only asking. Did Boone play with Laine or was he on the ice to win faceoffs, if he lose, then play defense? Because if he plays instead of Johnson... I don't know.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'm not saying it's not true, and I wouldn't be surprised, quite the opposite, but can you tell me how you know this?
I don’t have an ‘Athletic’ subscription, or if that’s where they even come from, but, there have been multiple published articles referring to his “mindset” and how he was perceived be the team from the very start. Some were linked not very long ago.

I believe there have been comments about it from Legace, and I think Jarmo, and maybe even some of Elvis’ family (mother?), however, I believe no actual comments from any players, which some could take as a positive, however I take the “silence” as an indication of more negativity.

Reactions: VT

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don’t have an ‘Athletic’ subscription, or if that’s where they even come from, but, there have been multiple published articles referring to his “mindset” and how he was perceived be the team from the very start. Some were linked not very long ago.

I believe there have been comments about it from Legace, and I think Jarmo, and maybe even some of Elvis’ family (mother?), however, I believe no actual comments from any players, which some could take as a positive, however I take the “silence” as an indication of more negativity.
Damn dude … just be glad the kid is turning it around .. you don’t have to be so insecure if you were right or wrong . Korpi will be traded , and Elvis and Tarasov will be the goalies next season .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I think this is wrong.

Sometime goalies are just like this.

Reactions: CBJ goalie

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Damn dude … just be glad the kid is turning it around .. you don’t have to be so insecure if you were right or wrong . Korpi will be traded , and Elvis and Tarasov will be the goalies next season .
I have hoped for a miracle and Elvis' trade.

Reactions: thebus88

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

I think that was a game that could be attributed to Korpi changing his mindset. He would let his emotions get the best of him, and his game would suffer. I also remember Torts benching him after that game because he felt that his outburst was also showing up his teammates, kind of like how Elvis glaring at his teammates after a mistake and goal against. That kind of stuff doesn't need to happen on the ice, and should be taken care of in the room, away from the fans sight, and more importantly, the medias.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

He hasn’t lost anything or is any different of a goalie this year than he’s always been. He also isn’t “turning it around” recently, either. IMO there’s nothing to turn it around into…

Don’t be so sure about what the CBJ will look like in net in the near future. Hilarious that you would say that after probably saying the same thing this time last year and up until Korpisalo was re-signed.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Look at the actual goals against and Korpisalo’s body language. What’s extremely relevant is that what I can see, there is almost zero “interaction” or “gesturing”, or looks or any kind, towards the team/defense. It’s seemingly general frustration, culminating in a short handed breakaway goal to go down with 5 minutes left in the game.

In contrast to Elvis, who IMO, many times gives extended looks towards teammates or even seemingly has actual things to say to players, and routinely “directs” many of his “tantrums” and stick slams towards teammates. IMO

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Look at the actual goals against and Korpisalo’s body language. What’s extremely relevant is that what I can see, there is almost zero “interaction” or “gesturing”, or looks or any kind, towards the team/defense. It’s seemingly general frustration, culminating in a short handed breakaway goal to go down with 5 minutes left in the game.

In contrast to Elvis, who IMO, many times gives extended looks towards teammates or even seemingly has actual things to say to players, and routinely “directs” many of his “tantrums” and stick slams towards teammates. IMO

Whatever helps you sleep nights.

Reactions: KJ Dangler

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
And who do you want there? Sweezey, Berni, Bayreuther or Peeke?
I’d rather have Peeke for sure, and honestly maybe even Bayreuther. Speed is a necessity in 3v3, and while those guys don’t necessarily have a lot of it, they certainly have more than Gudbranson.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I’d rather have Peeke for sure, and honestly maybe even Bayreuther. Speed is a necessity in 3v3, and while those guys don’t necessarily have a lot of it, they certainly have more than Gudbranson.
But their hockey vision isn't so good, especially Peeks. His strong side is shoot the puck to OZ and all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad