Speculation: CBJ Asks from EDM for Josh Anderson...

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
If the oilers ever even traded Nuge for Anderson I'd lose my mind. Nuge is a center, 1 year older, has higher career goals, assists and points. Higher Point per game average, is a better 2 way forward hahahaha Everyone can s#&t on Nuge all they want I'll gladly have him on my team. #keepnugeforever

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
good to know actual NHL GM’s act like over dramatic schoolchildren just like HF posters when someone has the audacity to inquire about the cost of a player.

everyone is saying that’s a patently absurd position by CBJ, it’s far from just me.

everyone knows it's a ridiculous ask but are you even sure it's real info? I mean the guy who said it isn't very reliable and your the only one here throwing a massive tantrum as if you know 100% that cbj actually asked for that.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I don't get it...Anderson has one goal and -8 in 26 games this year.
Why back up the truck for him?

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Why would Edmonton even want him

Kassian does everything Anderson could realistically be expected to at 1RW already.

Anderson sure as shit won't drive any offense from the 2nd on 3rd line and isn't really a defensive/transition glue guy. They also have Neal for one of those RW slots and Yamamoto, Chiasson now and possibly Puljujarvi down the road.

Nyquist or Milano would make much more sense from Columbus

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
everyone knows it's a ridiculous ask but are you even sure it's real info? I mean the guy who said it isn't very reliable and your the only one here throwing a massive tantrum as if you know 100% that cbj actually asked for that.

Stauffer is plenty reliable. He works for OEG and has basically unfettered access to talk to anyone he wants to.

you have to understand, if he throws specific names out it’s because it’s what he’s heard. If it was just that Columbus was asking a lot he’d dismiss it or that it probably wasn’t a price the Oilers would be willing to pay

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Why would Edmonton even want him

Kassian does everything Anderson could realistically be expected to at 1RW already.

Anderson sure as **** won't drive any offense from the 2nd on 3rd line and isn't really a defensive/transition glue guy. They also have Neal for one of those RW slots and Yamamoto, Chiasson now and possibly Puljujarvi down the road.

Nyquist or Milano would make much more sense from Columbus

He hasn't shown it this season but he's better than Kassian. If we got him for even Broberg+ I suppose we could call up Benson too, dump Gagner and make the cap work and try and build 3 lines by pairing Anderson with RNH or something. For a fair price I'd want him.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
how about Columbs takes Lias Anderson and Mark Staal for Josh Anderson. You get a forward and Defense just what you were getting from the Oilers

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Haha, thats the ask for one guy with a GOOD year and two decent years on his resume and soon to be 26 (meaning he's well into his prime at this point)

he's basically milan lucic lite (from his prime), so yea, edmonton shouldnt give anything close to that original ask given current production levels

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I'd do our 1st+ b prospect or Broberg straight up. The reported ask is insane.

I know Columbus fans on here love saying he's not available and perhaps he's not. That said he's not returning a 1st, top 6 player and a bluechip prospect. I like Anderson, I generally like Columbus fans, but when it comes to Anderson for whatever reason, logic and any sense of being reasonable fails to show up

The Jackets and their fans are under no obligation to discuss the market price. The same holds true for any other team/fanbase and a player they’re not looking to trade. Every time McDavid or Draisaitl pops up on this board, we see absurd valuations and that’s okay.

Save the indignation for someone that has actually been rumored to be made available.

Reactions: Viqsi

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Going to JA from Nuge would be a massive upgrade for Oilers.

Thanks for the massive laugh.

JA is nice to have and a decent player but Oilers have plenty of grit. What they lack is skill outside of McDrai and Nuge. I'd love to bring another a top-6 winger and not a JA.

You also seem to think JA >>> JT Miller based on your trade proposals. Really?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The Jackets and their fans are under no obligation to discuss the market price. The same holds true for any other team/fanbase and a player they’re not looking to trade. Every time McDavid or Draisaitl pops up on this board, we see absurd valuations and that’s okay.

Save the indignation for someone that has actually been rumored to be made available.

Asking an absurd price on a generational talent who's expected to end up 1 of the greatest players in NHL history to asking an absurd price on Josh Anderson...thanks for proving my point.

Too be fair Columbus shouldn’t sell low, probably shouldn’t trade him. I just don’t understand personally why we can’t have reasonable discussions on any player. That’s literally what this specific board is for. I’d understand placing the absurd price tag on a Seth Jones as an example. I’d call out my own fan base if we put an absurd price on a complimentary piece too, seemingly available or not

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think RNH or 1st + Broberg/Bouchard is too much for Anderson given his play + recent injuries.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I don't think he returns a Bouchard or a Broberg level prospect let alone a 1st on top of it.

But Columbus is also under no pressure to trade him right now so they can ask for whatever they want and be content with nobody paying up.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
BTW, Stauffer just clarified that they would ask for RNH OR Broberg or Bouchard and a 1st. Broberg or Bouchard and a 1st is insane in itself but it wasn't all 3 of those pieces that Columbus would ask for.
Also, it's just his opinion of what Columbus might ask for so you can remove the "rumor" tag.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad