Speculation: CBJ Asks from EDM for Josh Anderson...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Live look at Kenny Holland listening to Jarmo's proposal

upload_2020-1-10_11-47-46.jpeg

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
not even in the same league.

Kassian and his career high 15 goals and 29 points at 28 yrs old vs JA at 25 yrs old w. career high 27 goals.

Put JA with Mcdavid and he would score 40.

see a lot of people say it, but you can’t just stick random f***ers with one goal with McDavid and get superstars.

okay fine a first and Foudy for Kassian. Columbus can keep the top 6 C. You can even negotiate an extension first.

Reactions: ivanlwan and North

North

Jun 25, 2009
Once again Oil nation is hung up on draft picks and prospects rather than trading for a real life proven NHL power forward.

Of all the fan bases you'd think Oil nation would be the first to tell you to always go for the sure thing instead of potential celings etc.....

If we’re giving up those assets we can get a far better player than Josh Anderson.

Maybe it’s not about holding on to assets so much as making sure the team doesn’t overpay.

Context is always important instead of the picks/prospects hot take.

Reactions: Steeler23

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
If we’re giving up those assets we can get a far better player than Josh Anderson.

Maybe it’s not about holding on to assets so much as making sure the team doesn’t overpay.

Context is always important instead of the picks/prospects hot take.

legit curious,

During this embarrassing 15 year run, when has the Oilers given up high pick and high end prospects for legitimate NHLers.

Hall for Larsson was player for player, a really really bad trade but not what im looking for.

Im talking about trading a 1st rnd pick or high prospect at the time

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I refuse to believe that’s what the Jackets are actually asking for. They’re not going to sell low on Anderson during a down year, but they can’t expect the farm for him either. Two of those pieces were probably the starting point for a trade.

This seems like an echo chamber of a source, Stauffer, and now Matheson.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
If this was the legit ask of Josh Anderson, why would Holland not go to Detroit for AA for the low asking price of a 2nd or 3rd round pick that everyone here speculates that he's worth? More 30 goal seasons than Anderson, faster, better production this year(albeit not great) than Anderson on a dog shit team..

North

Jun 25, 2009
legit curious,

During this embarrassing 15 year run, when has the Oilers given up high pick and high end prospects for legitimate NHLers.

Hall for Larsson was player for player, a really really bad trade but not what im looking for.

Im talking about trading a 1st rnd pick or high prospect at the time

Legit question, when has a player of Anderson’s ilk brought back the number of high end assets being discussed.

Trading picks or prospects or RNH is not out of the question.

Trading all three for Anderson is ludicrous when he’s only worth maybe one of those assets.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
All the oilers fans calm down. Seems like your beat reporter just made such shit up.

What kind of an idiot would actually believe this? :laugh:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I have a shiny Barclay Goodrow I suppose I could let go for this package.

He’s got 4 times the points as Anderson does, so maybe throw in another 2nd? /s

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Anderson has 25-30 goal scoring potential and can be signed for long. RNH is UFA next season.

replace 1st with 2nd and it’s fair

He's 25 and has broken 20 goals once. No doubt he'd be more productive in the Oilers top 6 but you don't pay a premium on that. The last time the Oil paid on potential, they moved an MVP for Adam Larsson.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
If this was the legit ask of Josh Anderson, why would Holland not go to Detroit for AA for the low asking price of a 2nd or 3rd round pick that everyone here speculates that he's worth? More 30 goal seasons than Anderson, faster, better production this year(albeit not great) than Anderson on a dog **** team..

I do think Edmonton adds a winger before the deadline and AA is a much saner target. I mean f*** if that’s the asking price for 25 year old power forwards having bad years we need to be listening hard on Khaira

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Legit question, when has a player of Anderson’s ilk brought back the number of high end assets being discussed.

Trading picks or prospects or RNH is not out of the question.

Trading all three for Anderson is ludicrous when he’s only worth maybe one of those assets.

wait so where was my answer?

JA may not be worth all 3 of those assets but i think you are placing way to high value on the draft pick and prospects.. a notorious pattern with the Oil organization is all im saying.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

JA may not be worth all 3 of those assets but i think you are placing way to high value on the draft pick and prospects.. a notorious pattern with the Oil organization is all im saying.

Did you miss where Edmonton would also be giving up a proven 58 pts/82 games centre in this package or did you miss that in your rush to slam Oiler fans for rightly scoffing at this horrendous deal

North

Jun 25, 2009

Well you seem to be ignoring the actual conversation to make a point that doesn’t really mean much with regards to the actual subject matter.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Did you miss where Edmonton would also be giving up a proven 58 pts/82 games centre in this package or did you miss that in your rush to slam Oiler fans for rightly scoffing at this horrendous deal

Anyone that watches the Oilers should know how awful Nuge has been in his tenure in Edmonton. He has flashes in the pan but is generally butter soft, or disinterested most of the time to go along with his injury early on that he has never really recovered from. He is a common denominator in this Oilers losing era. Losing culture is in his DNA now, the Oil has to move on from him

I have a lot of Oiler friends and there are plenty of them who would move Nuge just to get rid of him and his salary.

Going to JA from Nuge would be a massive upgrade for Oilers.

Reactions: mouz135

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Anyone that watches the Oilers should know how awful Nuge has been in his tenor in Edmonton. He has flashes in the pan but is generally butter soft, or disinterested most of the time to go along with his injury early on that he has never really recovered from. He is a common denominator in this Oilers losing era. Losing culture is in his DNA now, the Oil has to move on from him

I have a lot of Oiler friends and there are plenty of them who would move Nuge just to get rid of him and his salary.

Going to JA from Nuge would be a massive upgrade for Oilers.

you mean tenure, not tenor. Nugey boy doesn’t sing to my
knowledge. And no, RNH is and always has been the better player. This year it’s not even close. Last year there was at least an argument.

and yes I’m sure a poster named FreeMcDavid is capable of having a rational conversation about the Oilers. Let’s find a poster called ColumbusWastedSeth and ask him about the BJ’s.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
you mean tenure, not tenor. Nugey boy doesn’t sing to my
knowledge. And no, RNH is and always has been the better player. This year it’s not even close. Last year there was at least an argument.

and yes I’m sure a poster named FreeMcDavid is capable of having a rational conversation about the Oilers. Let’s find a poster called ColumbusWastedSeth and ask him about the BJ’s.

i dont know what your expressions mean.

but just to be clear? you're happy with having Nuge on the team and think he can be an important piece in helping the oilers not only make it in playoffs but do well in it ?

I mean i understand, you need Nuge because theres nobody else but in general, you think nuge plays "winning hockey"

You've seen the way Nuge plays right?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
i dont know what your expressions mean.

but just to be clear? you're happy with having Nuge on the team and think he can be an important piece in helping the oilers not only make it in playoffs but do well in it ?

I mean i understand, you need Nuge because theres nobody else but in general, you think nuge plays "winning hockey"

You've seen the way Nuge plays right?

offensively as a good 2C? Just to be clear you’re advocating for vast overpayment for poorly performing assets in the name of heavy hockey? Pete, is that you?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'd do our 1st+ b prospect or Broberg straight up. The reported ask is insane.

I know Columbus fans on here love saying he's not available and perhaps he's not. That said he's not returning a 1st, top 6 player and a bluechip prospect. I like Anderson, I generally like Columbus fans, but when it comes to Anderson for whatever reason, logic and any sense of being reasonable fails to show up

Last edited:
Reactions: North

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad