Confirmed with Link: CBJ acquire Mathieu Olivier from Nashville for a 2022 4th

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was hoping for a heavyweight fighter. This guy doesn't have a good win record vs the big boys. I suppose he's better than Rinaldo but if Jarmo is trading away a pick for a fighter, couldn't he have gotten a heavyweight?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I was hoping for a heavyweight fighter. This guy doesn't have a good win record vs the big boys. I suppose he's better than Rinaldo but if Jarmo is trading away a pick for a fighter, couldn't he have gotten a heavyweight?
Yeah id rather push for a guy like Deslaurier. It looks like Jarmo paid a big price early to just get it done I guess. Seems forced and rushed

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This tells me Jarmo isn't as concerned about the physical issue as we are on here. Unless of course there is more bruisers on the way.

I don't see Oliver as more than a depth guy. Basically the new Gaunce, even though we kept Gaunce.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
He's a lot of FU on skates, nickname is 'The Biloxi Bull' French Canadian name but born in Mississippi. Preds have something with the Herd line and needed to move out a RW.

and Viqsi was away, I thought the USC/UCLA news killed her. LOL!

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Deslaurier is a starting lineup player. But Oliver can only play against certain teams, like Minnesota. Regarding the 4th round, if someone has 2 picks in the 1th round, one pretty high, and a lot of talented youngsters, losing one 4th rounder won't kill them. And youngsters in Cleveland need similar player too.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Stupid trade. It’s unlikely, but possible, the fourth rounder turns into a productive NHL player. Unlike Olivier.

Guess Jarmo felt intimidated by the elite Minnesota Wild, who we play twice a year and have won a grand total of… 0 playoff series in the past 7 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad