Cavs fire David Blatt

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I thought he might go last season when they were a mess but this is surprising. They're currently the best team in the East and just picked up a big win over the Clippers last night.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Okay? What was the point of him coming back this season then.
I think the title should read "Lebron fires David Blatt"

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
CZWlFZwU8AATsrA.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That picture is hilarious. Lue finally gets to step over someone!

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Cleveland sold their soul to the devil to get LeBron back. Things are looking no different than the first time he let.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
There's a lot of stuff out there that says it was not LeBron's decision, nor was he consulted, but he's been a fan of bringing in Lue as HC for a while now. Hard to believe he didn't play a part in this. Regardless, still a bizarre decision by a team that's 1st in the east. But oddly enough, it doesn't really surprise me. LeBron has never had any respect for Blatt, who had no power over James. It was all semi-doomed for him once LeBron was given so much free reign.

30-11 with Shumpert, Irving, Mozgov all being injured. While their offensive system was ass, you still can't deny that record. And they pushed the almighty Golden State Warriors to six games without Irving (and Shumpert? Did he get hurt too? I forget). This is a joke.

My first thought after reading the news was this shot of LBJ during the blowout against the Warriors:

LeBron needs someone like Pat Riley to keep him in check and not just give into his ****.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Certainly worth giving him a chance elsewhere. If he wants another pressure cooker, the Lakers, otherwise, there is sure to be other teams needing a new coach sooner rather than latter.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
All that you can say is the Cavs look like a joke here

Hopefully they and Lebron never win a title and he eventually leaves Cleveland again

Did you visit Cleveland and get mugged or something? C'mon man, haven't Cleveland fans suffered enough over the last 50+ years. :laugh:

Granted, a Cavs championship would mean the least to me as far as championships go in our 3 major sports... but it's all we've got.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not buying the "LeBron had no idea and nothing to do with it" leaks to reporters. He probably didn't go and say Blatt needs to go but they obviously knew how he felt. There was a lot of talk last season that LeBron wanted Lue as the HC.

Who now coaches the East in the All-Star Game?

Drake?

Sep 19, 2008
I knew Blatt was fired but just putting Lue there?

I remember Ty Lue with the Sixers lmao back when I cared about basketball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad