Cavs fire David Blatt

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
No. Some article I read that may have been a beat writer noted that they were calling him David instead of the usual nickname that you'd hear around the league. Not sure what that says if anything.

The record could look good, but if you have cracks in the foundation, they'll eventually show. Also, Lew was actually in the running for head coach when Blatt was hired. They only hired Blatt because he had some sort of coaching experience. Someone noted how the players may look up more to him because he used to be one of them plus he may have called them out more than Blatt. I don't think the Cavs know if this will be a for sure, but they'll give it a try until maybe this Summer.

I know he was but nobody ever said the Cavs we're smart haha. My guess is it won't stick because they won't win it all.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
That was a lethargic victory against Minnesota. A team they blew out at Minnesota. I am even more convinced Lew really isn't qualified.

Because they've had like two games where they haven't been that impressive?

It's far too early to be making any judgement on Lue's ability to run this team.

The most important thing about Lue's credentials right now is this

Cavs superstar LeBron James said he's on board with Lue's decisions.

"This is what Coach wants to do, and this is what we're going to do," James said, per McMenamin. "This isn't a LeBron thing. I'm talking out of IQ of the game, but this is what Coach wants to do, so this is what we're going to do."

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
they got the wrong guy in Lue again. Bottom line, when you have a player of Lebron's ilk and ego, you need an established, veteran, decorated coach in the mold Riley, Jackson, or even Kerr, who has the championship experience to back it up. Lue just doesn't stack up, and it's not just because he's short (lol). I understand he's won championships as a player, and he has a decent resume as an assistant, but he was already under Blatt, who should've never been the guy and was the wrong hire since day 1. I don't know what kind of message that sends to just pass the torch.

They need a Karl, a Popivich, or someone like that. Obviously those guys aren't available, but they should've hired Thibodeau, or even Scott Brooks.

Lue was another mistake.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

He's toxic. It took 3 HOF's and one of the best executives ever to mask that. I love how he already has started to piss on Lue too. If you remove actual criminals from the discussion, is he the most unlikable figure in all of sports?

He'll never win in Cleveland, I hope he understands that. He can keep running through coaches all he wants and act like that is the problem, but it really isn't. That window for winning a title is barely cracked open, if not shut entirely. He is in the latter part of his prime with a lot of mileage on those legs, his PG is an often-injured guy that is better as a player when he is ball dominant (and doesn't play defense), and the 3rd great player on his team seems like he hates his guts (doesn't play defense). Hell I've even noticed him taking defensive sequences off which never really used to happen. Combine that with GS being what it is and it is basically all over for him. He should probably stop calling himself "King", it is going to be even more unbecoming when he constantly gets piddled on in the finals/ECF by the Warriors/Spurs and maybe even the Raptors

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

He's toxic. It took 3 HOF's and one of the best executives ever to mask that. I love how he already has started to piss on Lue too. If you remove actual criminals from the discussion, is he the most unlikable figure in all of sports?

He'll never win in Cleveland, I hope he understands that. He can keep running through coaches all he wants and act like that is the problem, but it really isn't. That window for winning a title is barely cracked open, if not shut entirely. He is in the latter part of his prime with a lot of mileage on those legs, his PG is an often-injured guy that is better as a player when he is ball dominant (and doesn't play defense), and the 3rd great player on his team seems like he hates his guts (doesn't play defense). Hell I've even noticed him taking defensive sequences off which never really used to happen. Combine that with GS being what it is and it is basically all over for him. He should probably stop calling himself "King", it is going to be even more unbecoming when he constantly gets piddled on in the finals/ECF by the Warriors/Spurs and maybe even the Raptors

Can Newton rubs people the wrong way. The NFL is full of guys. In basketball yes. But I think in football there's plenty of Hateable figures.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
There were all kinds of rumours floating around early on about LeBron and his people being unhappy with Spo but it probably didn't get that far. I trust the people connected to the Heat who are saying this minority owner has nothing to do with the team and would have no idea if any of those conversations were even had.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can Newton rubs people the wrong way. The NFL is full of guys. In basketball yes. But I think in football there's plenty of Hateable figures.

I think Newton doesn't even come close to rubbing ppl the wrong way like LBJ does- definitely with the people around me at least.

I think the Newton hate is a little overblown, it's almost as if more people are talking about the hate than there are people actually hating

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I think Newton doesn't even come close to rubbing ppl the wrong way like LBJ does- definitely with the people around me at least.

I think the Newton hate is a little overblown, it's almost as if more people are talking about the hate than there are people actually hating

Brady and the Patriots would be up there. Maybe Gronk. DeAngelo Hall maybe. Vontaze Burfict. There are guys in the NFL who are just not likable and being our most popular sport I think you could find someone.

My hate for LeBron is the "decision" outside of that I don't really hate him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad