Post-Game Talk: Caution: Hot Soup! Come Get Your Connor Chowder!

Most impressive performance tonight?

• Total voters

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I mean we were lucky that Kane didn't get called for high sticking there. It may not have mattered, but say they scored on each PP for high sticking and it's 5-0 that's pretty tough to come back from. That said it wasn't the GWG and we did score 5 in a row on them so that play alone didn't cost them the game.

It was right at the beginning of the PP so it would have been 4 on 4 for about 1:55.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Cmon man - Nurse has had some awesome stretches but he has had some defensive lapses for games at a time. I dont think anyone is hating for asking for a little more consistency on the defensive end from our #1.

Last game was almost a perfect microcosm of that. He started off slow, looking lost in the defensive zone. They he got a goal and seemed meaner and more energized on the defensive end. I would like to see the latter for a full season.

There still no doubt he is our best dman - but Id like to see him take a step forward in that regard.
I thought he was fine after his penalty. Yeah he probably can on the defensive end but he could also use some help lol

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I know Campbell is good but at what f***ing point to they fire schwartz? That piece of shit seems to be untouchable and he sucks!!!!

Oilhawks

Not-my-fault Skinner
Nov 24, 2011
I know Campbell is good but at what f***ing point to they fire schwartz? That piece of shit seems to be untouchable and he sucks!!!!

I'm not a big fan of Schwartz either but what if Campbell continues to be good and Skinner ends up being a good 1B / eventual starter?

Reactions: Porkleaker

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Schwartz either but what if Campbell continues to be good and Skinner ends up being a good 1B / eventual starter?

Additionally, as someone else pointed out several weeks ago in another thread, Schwartz has never had the luxury of working within a system as structured as Jay's. The Oil Kings got amazing goaltending when Schwartz was with the team for their MC Championship in 2014; it's very possible that things look better in a more dominant system.

Reactions: Oilhawks

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Are our expectations for JP really that low now? People praising him for doing what he is supposed to do at that salary and the ice time he is given....

This makes no sense- you’re mad at people saying he played well and up to his salary and ice time given? Okay

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

Funnily enough, McDavid scored the exact same type of goal, on the exact same type of play, on a comeback 3-0 win against the same opponent in 2021.

Only difference is that the above was in 8 seconds, while last night's was in 6.

Those Jerseys were hideous. Glad they are long gone.

Not much of a sandwich guy????????

Have you tried the Italian BMT from subway?? It’s Fantastic
Hopefully you have a good doctor who monitors your cholesterol, etc. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad