Post-Game Talk: Caution: Hot Soup! Come Get Your Connor Chowder!

Most impressive performance tonight?

• Total voters

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly that logic that a missed call or whatever that cost them the game reminds me of being an Oiler fan in the decade of darkness. There was always an excuse and it always felt legit

The better team won
There was like 35 minutes left. Who knows what would've happened if they made the call. Not like we didn't get a shorthanded goal anyway, so who's to say we wouldn't have gotten one and swung the momentum anyway.

That and they had numerous chances on the PP to regain momentum. If one miss call that early in the game is going to make your team break, you are in for a very long season.

But yes you are correct. DOD was blame everything other than the actual performance of the club,

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So the Leafs turned into Chiarelli’s Year 2+ Oilers pretty quickly this season.

Extremely top heavy with hilarious goaltending.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Great comeback win by the boys, but they got outplayed for large stretches there and it showing in the SOG. Campbell looked solid, and McDrai were in mid-season form.
Holland better get his roster figured out and soon. Can't keep going short a man.

Defence, however, remains the soft underbelly of this team.
We were only short a man because Yams and Foegle were injured as far as I know. This meant we couldn’t recall a skater to replace them.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I am genuinely amazed that some Canuck fans are playing mental gymnastics to attribute a missed Kane high-stick with blowing a 3-0 lead. All while the number of missed calls on the Oilers last night was truly mind-boggling.

I guess when you refuse to acknowledge Q. Hughes defensive deficiencies, the next logical step is the refs.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

jim-ross-dance.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Canucks fans think the nurse hit shoulda been a 5.

Dumbest fan base on here

Reminds me when they hilariously thought that McQuaid (I think?) should be suspended for the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals because Mason Raymond broke his back on a freak play where they both kind of went into the boards awkwardly. Why? Well because Rome got suspended for blowing Horton's head off in Game 3 so obviously it should be the same.

Nuck fans and media seem to live in their own little reality as it pertains to where that team sits within the broader context of the NHL and hockey in general. Had to laugh at Friedman in his last 32 Thoughts podcast when he was relaying how flabbergasted he was when he had to break the news to a Nuck radio station that there is pretty much not a snowball's chance in hell that they get Horvat on an AAV that starts with anything less than a 7. Those morons had convinced themselves that $6M per year was market rate and more than fair.

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
So with Canuckistan whining.....wtf was Kane supposed to do here? Drop his stick? Should this not fall within the Rule 60 exceptions? I mean, you call that now and the Canucks have one more tool in their arsenal.
View attachment 593559
It's not a high-sticking penalty. Kane's stick must be higher than the other players shoulder height when the other player is standing normally.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
Man when it was 3-0, I did not even go back to my club seat. I knew this team would storm back. Never felt that before. Just went to the bar with my buddies and we drank there and watched the rest of the game. That George Clooney Tequilla is smooth AF along with Don Julio.

Always nice to wake up to a win with that extra spring in your step

Always fun beating a crappy Canucks team too

Reactions: Oilhawks and PuckG

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Man when it was 3-0, I did not even go back to my club seat. I knew this team would storm back. Never felt that before. Just went to the bar with my buddies and we drank there and watched the rest of the game. That George Clooney Tequilla is smooth AF along with Don Julio.
It definitely feels different this year. Even if we go down 1 or 2 goals, it’ll never feel like we’re truly out of the game. Too much talent and finally some depth to reinforce it.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
So the Leafs turned into Chiarelli’s Year 2+ Oilers pretty quickly this season.

Extremely top heavy with hilarious goaltending.

Goaltending is obviously a weakness.

But their team defense is and always has been suspect.

And their actual defense is mostly on the wrong side of 30 that were not exactly known as speedsters in their youth.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
and LOL at JT Miller trying to be a boss at 2-0 lol. Mister PMS was taunting the fans. Hope you had a good night you overpaid MotherF*****

Kern was ripping Canucks fans on NHL radio today, as being the whiniest in the league.

I didn't realize there was such a whine party after that one goal. Didn't they still get the majority of the PP's?
Those turds are not happy unless they get 8-10 PP's

and man what a whiney little b**** Hughes was lol. Guy is just milking for a call. Idiot doesn't get off of the ice. Great O zone dman but garbage defense guy.

Petterson or the Sedins must be teaching him to fall down every other second.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
If Mike Smith was in net last night, Canucks would have had 6 goals by the end of the 2nd. Koskinen would have been put in and let in another 2.

Biggest difference I see with Campbell is his positioning is so much more fundamentally sound. Makes saves with half the effort of Smith or Koskinen.

Reactions: NeverForget06

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If Mike Smith was in net last night, Canucks would have had 6 goals by the end of the 2nd. Koskinen would have been put in and let in another 2.

Biggest difference I see with Campbell is his positioning is so much more fundamentally sound. Makes saves with half the effort of Smith or Koskinen.
Don’t worry, Schwartz will have that fixed by game 40….

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I mean we were lucky that Kane didn't get called for high sticking there. It may not have mattered, but say they scored on each PP for high sticking and it's 5-0 that's pretty tough to come back from. That said it wasn't the GWG and we did score 5 in a row on them so that play alone didn't cost them the game.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I mean we were lucky that Kane didn't get called for high sticking there. It may not have mattered, but say they scored on each PP for high sticking and it's 5-0 that's pretty tough to come back from. That said it wasn't the GWG and we did score 5 in a row on them so that play alone didn't cost them the game.
They were lucky that the calls were like 9-4, to even keep the game somewhat close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad