Injury Report: Caufield to miss the rest of the season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Anybody know what Caufield's ELC performance bonus targets are? Wondering if he met any of it. He has $850k of potential bonuses this season.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I keep hearing how Cole was injured well before this. Why are we allowing our players to fight through injury, possibly worsening it, in a lost season? This is neither a playoffs year, nor are we in the playoffs where every game counts, so what gives?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I keep hearing how Cole was injured well before this. Why are we allowing our players to fight through injury, possibly worsening it, in a lost season? This is neither a playoffs year, nor are we in the playoffs where every game counts, so what gives?

Well, the player has -some- say in this. I doubt Caufield was ready to give up playing in his contract year.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Because the players have a pretty big say if they play or not. You think every player on the ice is a hundred percent healthy. Most players play and fight through injury until it becomes impossible.

Last edited:

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Because the players have a pretty big say if they play or not. You think every player on the ice is a hundred percent healthy. Most players play and fight through injuriy until it becomes impossible.
Being out of the lineup that long i imagine is a players greatest fear - has zero to do with the medical staff on this one. Agent and player were well aware of the situation going into the season it sounds like so you are right, not a conspiracy.

Reactions: HabsQC

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Might want to look at what's happening with Josh Norris before giving Caufield a 9m contract for 8 years.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
If Caufield pushes for a bridge deal he's a greedy little f***. Sign a f***ing 8 year deal don't f*** around with the fans. We've been through enough mental aggravation for the past 10 years with Bergevin especially.
If Im GM i shop any player who doesn't accept a legit 8yr offer . No way i keep a "bridge deal' show me your value player on my squad.
That just sows dissent amongst the team, a needless distraction.
You want to prove you're worth more? Fine add in a million bonus at 50 goals, and 2 million at 60 goals..

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I haven't posted on this yet so not sure if it has been addressed - but what really bugs me is how hard the Habs media was campaigning for Caufield to make the all star game. If he had a lingering injury that had been bothering him all season, why push so hard for him to make it? And why shut him down the second it is announced he didn't make it?

To me, it seems like they were probably leaning towards shutting him down anyway when the season was totally lost, but that they were going to give him a chance to play the all star game first. It's one thing if he made the choice to shut himself down, but to actively campaign for him while knowing he wasn't 100% is stupid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad