Injury Report: Caufield to miss the rest of the season

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
not great, but if him missing 35 games in a lost season land them a top 3 pick instead of say 6-8th.... That could very well be the difference between the Habs being serious contenders in the future or not.

This draft isnt 2022.

We already won too many games.

We're likely gonna pick in the 6-8 spot you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: calder candidate

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
really, youd put him in the Fantilli, Carlsson, Michkov tier? I havent watched him enough, but I see lists have him interchanged with Smith and Yager between 5-7.
It's only because his skating isn't as good as the others. But it's not like Jordan Dumais skating.

His brain is second to only Connor. I actually don't have Fantilli as high as everyone else.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
This shit is shady. I doubt a little guy like Cole could go a long time with an injured shoulder and still play the way he was. This tanking shit needs to stop, it's just bad for the league and the sport.

Make the best non playoff team get first overall pick. No prizes for losers. Wold ensure everfy team gives it their all, and ensuresd management is still trying to do what they are supposed to do, which is help a team WIN games, not tank.

Because if we are actively tanking, why am I still obliged to pay full price for tickets???

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
This shit is shady. I doubt a little guy like Cole could go a long time with an injured shoulder and still play the way he was. This tanking shit needs to stop, it's just bad for the league and the sport.

Make the best non playoff team get first overall pick. No prizes for losers. Wold ensure everfy team gives it their all, and ensuresd management is still trying to do what they are supposed to do, which is help a team WIN games, not tank.

Because if we are actively tanking, why am I still obliged to pay full price for tickets???
you think he is going to undergo shoulder surgery to improve Montreal's draft position???? That is just stupid.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Truth be told, you’re actually not even obliged to attend any games, let alone pay full ticket prices

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Each win while he is out is going to be more frustrating.

There's less players that I'm OK with getting points.

Last night was just a f***ing cringe fest.
100% agree.

I don't mind wins when Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle and bringing them to us. But man i'm afraid of guys like Pitlick. It's his last chance. He knows it. I know it. You know it. My granda ma knows it. The teenager boys working at Metro who can barely look over the cashier knows it. He has some tools and he'll give everything he got to make it for a short while to grab some more millions. Been there done that could be the end of 90ies and early 2k all over again with Petrov, Zholtok and cie.

No player who is on his last year of contract and on his way to a 40+ goal season will accept to be sidelined to help the team have a better pick and lose negotiation power in the process. It's not a thing.

Reactions: SlafySZN and barbu

Yannman

May 25, 2018
According to a response I got to a similar post, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I mean, given how this team been run for the past 3 decades, is it a stretch to think that trainers and medical staffs are just as incompetent as GMs and coaches?
Been hearing rumblings which point to that for the last two years within the walls of complexe bell. I hope they overhaul their medical approach.

Reactions: Canad13ns and barbu

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Incredible what he has done with a bad shoulder for 2-3 months, he still was a goalscoring machine, cant imagine what it will be when he comes back at 100%. 40 goals per year if he can stay healthy.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

6 months yikes, so he got injured during the summer and it kept getting worse

another reason the entire training and medical staff should be fired and pelted with rocks. Total losers

Been hearing rumblings which point to that for the last two years within the walls of complexe bell. I hope they overhaul their medical approach.
it took them what... 20 years to get rid of the seemless glass destroying the home team players? This team is a joke

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Must have been weights. How can you tear your labrum (alledgedly) when playing golf (he played a lot of golf last summer?

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
another reason the entire training and medical staff should be fired and pelted with rocks. Total losers

it took them what... 20 years to get rid of the seemless glass destroying the home team players? This team is a joke

AND, these are the guys who are in charge of developing our 18 yr old 1st OA draft pick.

LOL.

(help)

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Must have been weights. How can you tear your labrum (alledgedly) when playing golf (he played a lot of golf last summer?
The way it was described by his agent, it sound like a shoulder stress injury that wasn't treated and got worst over time.

Golf might or not been a factor.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
you think he is going to undergo shoulder surgery to improve Montreal's draft position???? That is just stupid.

More like it was a contract season and he played though it so he can get a good contract. He's done enough to earn it so it's good timing to get the surgery.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
One of the stupidest things I've read.
The stupid thing was letting him play. Sportsnet gets a lot wrong but they blasted the habs for playing Caufield hurt right after watching Weber and Price end their careers in s very different context.

Chasing a cup as veterans vs putting up a good season as a young guy. If the shoulder ends up being a long term problem the habs organization will look pretty dumb.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
The stupid thing was letting him play. Sportsnet gets a lot wrong but they blasted the habs for playing Caufield hurt right after watching Weber and Price end their careers in s very different context.

Chasing a cup as veterans vs putting up a good season as a young guy. If the shoulder ends up being a long term problem the habs organization will look pretty dumb.
Some of this may have been on Caulfield if he did not complain about it. Imagine if he would have said in October that he couldn't play...so much for his breakout season and ensuing contract...4 years @ $4M doesn't have the same ring. My point is we do not know what we don't know and where responsibility lies. It could have been initially minor and recently is got worse. We are out of the loop and I hope he makes a complete recovery for next season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My comment?

No, people thinking they are forcing him to have a surgery to tank. It's just asinine.

I can assure you while that is stupid.. it is not as stupid as thinking the Habs are forcing him to have a surgery to improve their draft position.

I expect Kent and Jeff to overhaul the entire medical staff after this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad