Post-Game Talk: Casual 6 point night for McJesus

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
McDavid isn't just the best hockey player in the world, he's the most entertaining hockey player in the world.

I like your post!
You know something, you're right. Gretz and Lemeuix, along with a few others from a slightly lower teir were entertaining as well as being unreal. There are a lot of incredibly HofF players who are dominate in points and play, but aren't even close to being entertaining night in and night out.
Well said

Reactions: VainGretzky

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Some guys hop on here and talk about how terrible Detroit was last night. Wtf. Detroit owned parts of that game. Skinner kept us in early and McDaddy carried the mail after. Delusional.

I don't recall people saying Detroit was terrible. Everyone seems on board that they were good and outplayed us for 40 mins at least.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
47 games played vs 53 for Kuch and 54 for MacK according to NHL.com...

... but that's not my point. My point is that McDavid missed two games, so two of those games are not "in hand", they are "lost to injury". He's only going to play at most 80 games [knocks on wood] whereas they might still play 82.

If Kuch slows from 1.7 to 1.5ppg, he could still finish with 134 points. McD would need 58 points in his final 33 games (1.76 ppg)

If Kuch maintains his pace, he could finish with 139 points. McD would need 63 in his final 33 games (or 1.91 ppg)

I think he can get there, but he may just run out of time...
Simply TB and Colorado have played 54 games Oilers 49 regardless of missed games by injury by any player McDavid has 5 games in hand on both players . Math is easy 54-49 =5

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I like your post!
You know something, you're right. Gretz and Lemeuix, along with a few others from a slightly lower teir were entertaining as well as being unreal. There are a lot of incredibly HofF players who are dominate in points and play, but aren't even close to being entertaining night in and night out.
Well said
As great as Gretzky was, I don't think he was as exciting to watch as McDavid is.

In terms of not just great but very entertaining to watch, the names Glenn Anderson, Paul Coffey, Guy Lafleur and Bobby Orr would make my top ten "take you up out of your seat" list.

It might make a good poll question. Who was the greatest talent/entertainer in NHL history?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
As great as Gretzky was, I don't think he was as exciting to watch as McDavid is.

In terms of not just great but very entertaining to watch, the names Glenn Anderson, Paul Coffey, Guy Lafleur and Bobby Orr would make my top ten "take you up out of your seat" list.

It might make a good poll question. Who was the greatest talent/entertainer in NHL history?

With you on the list but I have to seriously disagree about 99
Leads the pack for me

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
He is going to Klima something and get an OT winner in the playoffs book it! :D
he's trying to cement his status as a legend. Will win the Stanley Cup without scoring a single goal. The Connor Brown trophy to the worst player of the decade!

Reactions: Duke74

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018

Depends on your pot of tea but Scott Stevens and Eric Lindros come to mind. Bone crushing hits always get my attention, and a good scrap too.

Reactions: MoontoScott

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Tough hockey can still be a thing of beauty for some.
my previous post was in jest--I still like physical hockey but these days too many guys get away with high sticks and sucker punches. Once upon a time you had to eventually deal with the team heavy weight.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Foegele is most likely looking at a 3.5M avv extension. It would be dumb to give him that as he disappears most stretches. We can get Kostin at 1M if we trade for him with a retention. Also Kostin is better than Foegele for the playoffs. We saw that last year
You seem to base your opinion on short time periods. Need to look at a whole season or more if the player has played them to have a logical view.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'd still put Gretzky in the top 10. I'm not saying that Mc-D>Gretzky in terms of talent --just more fun to watch.

Put together your own top 10 list and lay it on us. Like I say, a good poll question it someone wants to make the effort.
Gretzky was fun to watch if you liked watching him be elite on the margins. I said it in the GDT. He was elite at the things you don’t even realize are things until someone isn’t elite at them anymore.

For example, on the Holloway goal, Gretzky would’ve made the pass to Bouchard then continued skating hard around the net anticipating a rebound out the other side and he would’ve scored it himself.

Reactions: Fourier

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I'd still put Gretzky in the top 10. I'm not saying that Mc-D>Gretzky in terms of talent --just more fun to watch.

Put together your own top 10 list and lay it on us. Like I say, a good poll question it someone wants to make the effort.

Good idea
Mine off the top of my head would be
Gretzky
Lafleur
G Perreault
Mario
Bure
Modano
Coffee
McD
McKinnon (hate to say)
Datsyuk
No particular order after Gretz and prob forgot lots!

Reactions: MoontoScott

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Good idea
Mine off the top of my head would be
Gretzky
Lafleur
G Perreault
Mario
Bure
Modano
Coffee
McD
McKinnon (hate to say)
Datsyuk
No particular order after Gretz and prob forgot lots!
Good list-- can't argue with most but I think you have to put Orr on that list. I forgot about Perreault-- what a smooth player he was.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Depends on your pot of tea but Scott Stevens and Eric Lindros come to mind. Bone crushing hits always get my attention, and a good scrap too.
Was not Stevens a pretty big p***y when it came to fighting? The prime Lucic was probably even more physical than Lindros, if not as skilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00