Post-Game Talk: Casual 6 point night for McJesus

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Love all the 99 vs 97 posts. Gretz still #1 for me but for different reasons.
Agree about Bure, that's why I had him. He was the fastest player who was able to control the puck I'd seen until McD. But McDavid is miles ahead of anyone that's ever played the game right now. McKinnon second for me but a big gap.

Would be an interesting thread. Thought of a few more that entertained me.
Peter Forsberg has to be on my list. Ron Hextall, and Igor Ulanov. Many pugilists as well.
And for some reason I always lived watching spazz (Niinimaa) and Sandish Ozolinch!

Reactions: EnufAlready

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Lmao that a fervent Connor Brown supporter is attempting call outs on people feeling that Klim Kostin was worth keeping. You know, Kostin that scored 14 goals for us last season in limited action and punched donkeys as well as laying out people with hits.

The Wings are stacked at forward position. Brown wouldn't even be seeing the ice there and shouldn't be here.

lol as well at the calculation of Kostins salary including Yams bonus. Meanwhile the same posters will die on the hill saying the Oilers are only gonna pay Connor Brown league minimum. Some creative accounting.

In anycase the position was retaining Kostin and Bjugstad and letting guys like Yams and Foegele go. and not bothering to get Brown.
You mean the forward group that gave up 8 last game?

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I've said this before but the first time I saw McDavid live was when he was 16. I had never seen a junior level player like him. I have been lucky to see him many times since then as I travel to Edmonton for family reasons on a regular basis. There is something visceral about the experience of seeing him live and up close. I have had the pleasure of seeing virtually all of the top players since the late 70's play live. I can't say anyone else comes close to generating that feeling.
Mcdavid is like a tiger. Gretzky was like an samauri. You’re not quite sure where all the blood came from. But it’s not his.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad