Casper vs Gumption

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
What I'm suprised about is that very few have realized that after a big free agent signs a huge contract for a new team, fans/mgmt should basically write off the 1st half of the season after he signs the contract.

Happens in baseball ALL the time, player X signs a huge deal, then sucks the following year. It's usually due to the new level of expectations from himself and others in the org, and they tend to press and struggle to find their game that made them a high priced FA to begin with.

Lets also not forget, he only got 4 yr term, the short contract forced Army to up his AAV. It's part of negotiations. He'll be fine, but in the world of the pitch fork mafia, there's no room for error or adjustment period.

He's not a 80 pt player, ZOMG lets get him!

Well said. I think coming to the city you grew up in may exacerbate the issue as well.

I'd also like to point out that Stastny is fifth on the team in points per 60.

sst338d

Oct 20, 2014
I gotta admit I am kinda confused on this subject. What exactly does Stastny have to do with Sobotka? They signing of Stastny had nothing to do with Sobotka and they are players that have completely different roles on the team. Just curious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad