Prospect Info: Casey Nelson (2016 via UFA) – '15-16: Buffalo #34 (NHL)

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
"Below average" is very, very generous. He makes 2016 Risto look like a world beater.
12b4367c78.png

Hockey is strange and confusing and I hate it.

It's not really that confusing. You are using a repackaged +/- like it's meaningful when people realized that stat was garbage 15+ years ago.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So... was the blip in his performance a non-sustainable snapshot of un-suck and is he coming back down to earth and this is the level of his play? Or with the right partner is he a viable third pairing guy with a good stick and transition?

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
So... was the blip in his performance a non-sustainable snapshot of un-suck and is he coming back down to earth and this is the level of his play? Or with the right partner is he a viable third pairing guy with a good stick and transition?

He's never going to be more than a 3rd pairing defenseman. He's a decent 6/7, people are just desperate for someone to jump into our top-4 and I can't blame them. I like him more than Falk/Fedun if that means anything. I liked Pysyk better, and I wasn't even a big fan of his.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
He's never going to be more than a 3rd pairing defenseman. He's a decent 6/7, people are just desperate for someone to jump into our top-4 and I can't blame them. I like him more than Falk/Fedun if that means anything. I liked Pysyk better, and I wasn't even a big fan of his.
yup. I put him squarely in the chad ruhwedel category

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is nothing wrong with a known commodity in the #8 spot, but with him being a Group VI UFA, I would expect he shops himself around.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He is a UFA so a good chance he is gone anywys

Our crack press corps has been on top of Botterill about Nelson extension talks right? *crickets*

I don't think the Sabres even know what to do with him and his blip of Montador-esque good play has left them in the position of even further not knowing what to do.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Our crack press corps has been on top of Botterill about Nelson extension talks right? *crickets*

I don't think the Sabres even know what to do with him and his blip of Montador-esque good play has left them in the position of even further not knowing what to do.
It is the press's job to get Botterill to do his job?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00