Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt traded to COL for D Bo Byram. Straight up.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
If Mitts leaving leads to Krebs being thrust into 3C that's a problem. But as a 4C he's pretty typical. 4th line centers are flawed players, it's why they're not in the top of the line up.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
To play 3C? Its not that crazy to ask for someone who will be 24 midseason and puts up a decent amount of points playing with meh at the bottom.
He has played 186 games for Buffalo and has 19 g and 42 apples. Since moving to the C role with Peterka and whomever on February 17 he has 3 assists in 13 games. Where is this decent amount of points of which you speak. 4C and pk time? Sure. Otherwise we need an upgrade.at 3 C.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He has played 186 games for Buffalo and has 19 g and 42 apples. Since moving to the C role with Peterka and whomever on February 17 he has 3 assists in 13 games. Where is this decent amount of points of which you speak. 4C and pk time? Sure. Otherwise we need an upgrade.at 3 C.

Krebs line last night

And this was with both Peterka and Skinner scoring. Even Jost had 2 shots and a goal taken away

Screenshot_20240313_184150_Google.jpg

Reactions: Tatanka

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Like I said before, the center depth question after this deal is more about Cozens and Thompson getting back to where they were last season and Krebs being able to step up as the 3C than anything else.

Thompson was a legit 1C last season.

Cozens and Krebs are both former 1st round picks that should be able to be solid 2-3 centers in the NHL.

It's all about those three guys playing to their potential and Byram staying healthy.
i got weird vibes from tage at the end of last season that have carried over into this year. i don’t know what it is and i can’t explain it. but like, whenever i see his media, something just seems off

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
To play 3C? It’s not that crazy to ask for someone who will be 24 midseason and puts up a decent amount of points playing with meh at the bottom.
In a vacuum, sure. But this team needs to make the playoffs next season. Counting on Krebs, who has zero history of success in such a role, is not smart. It should be fairly obvious thats a risk.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Casey gets his second point by throwing the puck into no-mans-land. You've got to love a team that turns that into offense.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
i got weird vibes from tage at the end of last season that have carried over into this year. i don’t know what it is and i can’t explain it. but like, whenever i see his media, something just seems off
Care to elaborate about Tage?

I think his game has been off since about then and he's never really recovered from team's figuring out how to shadow him. But I'm interested to hear more of what you're seeing during his media appearances.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo

I think his game has been off since about then and he's never really recovered from team's figuring out how to shadow him. But I'm interested to hear more of what you're seeing during his media appearances.
i said i can’t explain it!!!!

my mind wanders towards substance abuse though. he played hurt most of the second half last season. i just hope he’s been careful with pain management

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
i said i can’t explain it!!!!

my mind wanders towards substance abuse though. he played hurt most of the second half last season. i just hope he’s been careful with pain management

I would be shocked if he had that type of issue.

Tage is a choir boy

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t know how he was used last game but someone on one of the Sabres podcasts pointed out that despite being moved up to the 3C the games before that he was still being deployed mostly in his own end and rarely gets offensive zone starts. I’m assuming they didn’t do that with Skinner and Peterka on his wing though because we didn’t allow 7 goals. And if they did? He’s the greatest defensive center in the history of the world. No middle ground on that.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Late to the party - but this is the type of trade we've needed for so long. Thanks, Kevyn.

We just need to get Samuelsson fit & this has the makings of a formidable D core to build around.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Notice the longer Bo Byram plays on this team the more mistakes he makes?
Guy has a ceiling that he just can't seem to stay at for extended periods of time. His cup run was so damn great, but the last season and a half were real head scratchers. Maybe winning so early into his career had an impact that isn't that great.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Guy has a ceiling that he just can't seem to stay at for extended periods of time. His cup run was so damn great, but the last season and a half were real head scratchers. Maybe winning so early into his career had an impact that isn't that great.
Or he's a young Dman that hasn't finished developing.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023

I can't put my finger on it either, but Mitts has been the best center on the Sabres since LAST YEARS All Star break.

Thompson is a nice player who took a huge leap, but he has to keep evolving. I would start there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad