Confirmed with Link: Casey Mittelstadt traded to COL for D Bo Byram. Straight up.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Seems like this one could be a nice win-win for both teams. Mitts looks good with the Avs so far, just hasn't hit the scoresheet.
I'll declare it a win if we upgrade our forwards in summer. Our latest trades where we "bought" players were Greenway, Skinner, Frolik and Simmonds or something?
If we replace or upgrade Mitts with a second trade this could be a win.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'll declare it a win if we upgrade our forwards in summer. Our latest trades where we "bought" players were Greenway, Skinner, Frolik and Simmonds or something?
If we replace or upgrade Mitts with a second trade this could be a win.
If Bo Byram continues to outscore Mitts, this could be a win.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
In a vacuum yes but we still have a donut shaped team with a hole in the center.
Like I said before, the center depth question after this deal is more about Cozens and Thompson getting back to where they were last season and Krebs being able to step up as the 3C than anything else.

Thompson was a legit 1C last season.

Cozens and Krebs are both former 1st round picks that should be able to be solid 2-3 centers in the NHL.

It's all about those three guys playing to their potential and Byram staying healthy.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
It's, early, and the Sabres haven't yet played a tight checking team, but so far my analysis of this trade and how it affects the roster composition appear to be wronger than than the wrongest thing in wrongland.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Like I said before, the center depth question after this deal is more about Cozens and Thompson getting back to where they were last season and Krebs being able to step up as the 3C than anything else.

Thompson was a legit 1C last season.

Cozens and Krebs are both former 1st round picks that should be able to be solid 2-3 centers in the NHL.

It's all about those three guys playing to their potential and Byram staying healthy.
I really hope they're not going to just rely on Krebs. Next season has to be playoffs. Relying on a kid like him is not realistic. Nor is it fair to Krebs.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Maybe they pass the puck to his tape instead of behind him or way up in the air?
Another option could be that all players move and creates space for each other instead of clogging up the blueline...
Plus they know the proper time to dump it in vs trying to carrying in with possession. So they don’t end up stranding their line-mates at the opposition blue line waiting.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I really hope they're not going to just rely on Krebs. Next season has to be playoffs. Relying on a kid like him is not realistic. Nor is it fair to Krebs.
He is going to get a nice long look the rest of the way in games that matter.

I think they really have to consider using him as a piece in a deal to upgrade at 3C (Krebs+____ for Jenner perhaps....) if they are not convinced by how he plays down the stretch.

They can't play him at 4C any more. And I do not see him thriving as a winger.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He is going to get a nice long look the rest of the way in games that matter.

I think they really have to consider using him as a piece in a deal to upgrade at 3C (Krebs+____ for Jenner perhaps....) if they are not convinced by how he plays down the stretch.

They can't play him at 4C any more. And I do not see him thriving as a winger.
I don’t think Granato is much of a fan. Thats why I’m skeptical how much he’ll play during this stretch with the dream of playoffs still being clung to.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He drives me crazy with a lot of his passing decisions.
Even in a game like yesterday where mostly everything was going right, you saw about four awful passing decisions from krebs. He’s the most obvious player to upgrade. If they brought in legit veteran 3rd and 4th line centers, the rest of the forward core would fall into place

Reactions: joshjull

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Even in a game like yesterday where mostly everything was going right, you saw about four awful passing decisions from krebs. He’s the most obvious player to upgrade. If they brought in legit veteran 3rd and 4th line centers, the rest of the forward core would fall into place
That would be a great solution. But is Adams willing to move on from a young player he acquired.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
It's, early, and the Sabres haven't yet played a tight checking team, but so far my analysis of this trade and how it affects the roster composition appear to be wronger than than the wrongest thing in wrongland.
Next game should be a good test for the new roster. A tighter checking, bigger, more physical team in the Islanders might put pressure on areas of weakness more than Detroit would.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Interesting. He's kind of where Middlestadt was at the same age. I don't think it's time to throw in the towel.
The challenge is where the team is and the need to take a step. I could see them wanting more of a sure thing for next year than a guy that they are waiting on developing. Mitts did pop in his D+6 season and 2024-25 will be Krebs's D+6 season...

:dunno:

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
The challenge is where the team is and the need to take a step. I could see them wanting more of a sure thing for next year than a guy that they are waiting on developing. Mitts did pop in his D+6 season and 2024-25 will be Krebs's D+6 season...

:dunno:
I think Middlestadt benefited immensely from the covid taxi squad. He was able to refocus his development. I think the issue with Krebs is coaching and the right fit. May be time for a change around an upgrade (which I think they will do).

My point was more around putting him on the fourth line as a winger. I think it's too early to give up on him as an NHL player. The issue now is he's got a very narrow window to do that here, and from a development standpoint, can't seem to hit what they need from him on a consistent basis.

Yea but Mitts always showed flashes and had explanations as to why he would eventually break out. It’s why a lot of us argued Mitts was a keeper. I just don’t see any of that with krebs
I see a lot to work with in Krebs.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think Middlestadt benefited immensely from the covid taxi squad. He was able to refocus his development. I think the issue with Krebs is coaching and the right fit. May be time for a change around an upgrade (which I think they will do).

My point was more around putting him on the fourth line as a winger. I think it's too early to give up on him as an NHL player. The issue now is he's got a very narrow window to do that here, and from a development standpoint, can't seem to hit what they need from him on a consistent basis.
Given that Adams has talked about building a 4th line that plays a role, I don't see Krebs as a fit on the 4th line as a winger.

ZG-Sturm-Krebs

One of these is not like the others. I think Robinson and Girgensons fit what Adams wants as 4th line wingers way more than Krebs does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad