Weekes: Casey Mittelstadt "drawing a lot of attention"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

I saw in the replies to the tweet that Sabres fans want nothing to do with it. I'm a Canes fan; I know what that frustration is like. So, I will point out the framing. Weekes did not say that he was available. This could just be wishful thinking on the part of contending clubs as they map out their deadline strategy.

However, if Buffalo were to make him available, there is justification for it:

- As an arb eligible RFA at the end of the season with 1 year of control left, a decision on his long-term future is coming soon.
- Thompson and Cozens are locked up long-term. Skinner's going nowhere. Tuch's next contract is 2 years away. The Sabres have invested substantial draft capital in forwards in recent years. They could add to that hoard in June with yet another high pick.
- The 2024 rental forward market is underwhelming, at least imo. With his numbers, the potential for a strong return is there as a quality non-rental.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Not sure why Buffalo would trade him, but for some reason I am thinking Nashville as a landing spot.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would again rather they don't.

At some point Adams needs to look at moving some of his overstock of prospects and perhaps some picks for things they need - wingers who have some sack to go to the net, a stouter top-4 defenseman who isn't under 23, or just sack the development coach and his nepotistic staff for someone who can get them to play something other than pond hockey.

My expectations aren't high.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Lose him like they lost reinhart would be so bad.
They certainly botched things with Reinhart. I don't think Mittelstadt is intent on walking himself into FA the way Reinhart was though.
Trade him while he's on this rare hot streak, value won't be higher!
It's much more than a "rare hot streak". He's been playing great since the last half of last season.
You’d have to imagine that the Avs would be one of the teams calling on him. Wonder what the ask would be for him?
I'm sure the Avs would love him, but I don't see Buffalo settling for a package of lesser pieces for Mitts and I don't think Colorado is subtracting key players from their roster.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
They certainly botched things with Reinhart. I don't think Mittelstadt is intent on walking himself into FA the way Reinhart was though.

It's much more than a "rare hot streak". He's been playing great since the last half of last season.

I'm sure the Avs would love him, but I don't see Buffalo settling for a package of lesser pieces for Mitts and I don't think Colorado is subtracting key players from their roster.

If he can be a 2C I would think the Avs would be willing to move a lot for him.

Reactions: milehigh11 and olli

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Would again rather they don't.

At some point Adams needs to look at moving some of his overstock of prospects and perhaps some picks for things they need - wingers who have some sack to go to the net, a stouter top-4 defenseman who isn't under 23, or just sack the development coach and his nepotistic staff for someone who can get them to play something other than pond hockey.

My expectations aren't high.
Doubt the Sabres would buy at the deadline.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
25 year old pending RFA. If you're not convinced he can be more than he is right now - a middle six guy that doesn't possess much natural scoring ability - sell now. I saw a Reinhart comparison, and I don't really see it. Does Mittlestadt become more outside of Buffalo? Maybe. But Reinhart showed me more during his time in Buffalo.

randywoodsghost

Jul 13, 2022
Sabres should keep locking up these young guys that have brought them so much success.

And when they run out of cap in a couple of years they can ask what happened?

Reactions: oceanchild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad