Confirmed with Link: Carter Verhaeghe extended 3 years 4.2M AAV

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm not sure about this, he played almost the whole season with Barkov. I would've liked to see how he'd do with Reinhart, Bennett or Lundell first, before rushing to re-sign him.

This also means we're likely paying someone to take Hornqvist next year or he's going on LTIR(etirement).

Reactions: ShootIt

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Can’t believe the leafs gave up on this guy, but he’s worked hard to make it back

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Buying 3 years of UFA, they obviously think he’s good and a 20+ goal scorer, Q trusts him, zero maintenance. Cap could be up so if they don’t get him now and he hits 25+ goals, he’ll want 5+ mil.

just getting started too, only 95 games in the league.

Reactions: pantherbot

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Barely over 4per for a top-6 winger and locked in now for the next 4yrs essentially. No complaints. I like all the signings so far tbh

Reactions: Dutch Panther

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
And Tampa

yes And The Islanders too. But we gave Freddy the Goat more opportunity than Verheaghe and they were from the same draft and Verheaghe had better numbers coming out of Junior. But I get it, we had to give up an asset to get Grabner

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
yes And The Islanders too. But we gave Freddy the Goat more opportunity than Verheaghe and they were from the same draft and Verheaghe had better numbers coming out of Junior. But I get it, we had to give up an asset to get Grabner
Lol you do get that prospects turn a corner after they get that oh shit moment of being in their 3rd or 4th team right?

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I do remember this, but it's still a really tiny sample size.
Good GMs swing for the fences based off of their gut and scouting. All signs point to Verhaege scoring 60+ points over a full 82. Getting to next offseason with him needing a new deal after two amazing seasons would have been foolish.

Zito has identified our window for the next 3-4 seasons and is going all in.

I love it.

Reactions: Dutch Panther

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Tallon 2019:
Bobrovsky at $10m
Stralman at $5.5m
Connolly at $3.5m
Acciari at $1.7m
Weegar at $1.6m
= Total: $23.3m

Zito 2021
Bennett at $4.4m
Forsling at $2.7m
Duclair at $3m
Montour at $3.5m
Verhaeghe at $4m
Reinhart at ?
= Total: $17.9m + Reinhart

If Rhino signs for <$5.4m, then Zito will have officially meme'd Tallon.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'm not sure about this, he played almost the whole season with Barkov. I would've liked to see how he'd do with Reinhart, Bennett or Lundell first, before rushing to re-sign him.

This also means we're likely paying someone to take Hornqvist next year or he's going on LTIR(etirement).
Even if the production dries up (I find this unlikely) a 15+ goal, two-way forward with speed is worth a few million.

Also, Hornqvist has an extremely team-friendly buyout.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I’m good with this. Zito locking in his guys and Carter had a great year. No reason to believe he’ll regress. I see that first line only getting better after the playoff experience. I really think this team has turned the corner.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Everybody is saying Arizona outdid Seattle as an expansion team, but we deserve some credit too.

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Tippett
Duclair - Lundell - Vatrano
Marchment
- Acciari - Hornqvist

Forsling - Ekblad
Montour - Weegar
Nutivaara - Gudas

All of the bolded are guys who were given up on by their formers team(s). One could probably categorize Weegar as an expansion type late bloomer as well.

Reactions: 16Skippy

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Lol you do get that prospects turn a corner after they get that oh shit moment of being in their 3rd or 4th team right?

of course, all I'm saying is, this shouldn't be this surprising that he's panned out given his Junior #'s and even his AHL stats have been pretty consistent. I'm just trying to figure out how so many teams didn't see the value in him prior to him landing in Florida. We'll never know.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Everybody is saying Arizona outdid Seattle as an expansion team, but we deserve some credit too.

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Reinhart
Huberdeau - Bennett - Tippett
Duclair - Lundell - Vatrano
Marchment
- Acciari - Hornqvist

Forsling - Ekblad
Montour - Weegar
Nutivaara - Gudas

All of the bolded are guys who were given up on by their formers team(s). One could probably categorize Weegar as an expansion type late bloomer as well.

imo Montour too. Traded for 3rd round pick and then signs a 3.5x3 deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad