Confirmed with Link: Carter Verhaeghe extended 3 years 4.2M AAV

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Another signing with a bit of risk based on a small sample size, but I like it more than the Montour signing, to be certain.

What I like is that he's relatively inexperienced, and has shown that he can produce well against strong competition. When Barkov missed a few games, Verhaeghe stepped up and produced points.

There's always risk, but with Verhaeghe there's that unknown factor where you're not just gambling on him reproducing this level of play, but that he could possibly elevate it even further.

I think this is a good roll of the dice.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
AAV is too high for what he has shown: but worried about cap space for Barkov
Betting on potential. Guy shatters 20 goals last season if it was an 82 game season. He's p[laying with Barky so if he pots 30, this contract is insanely good. Zito has been doing a lot of "potential" contracts and if they don't work out, they are gone in 3 years anyways.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I expected ca. 4 mil so this is in that range. 3 years is good too. A bit cheaper would've been nice, but this works.

CyBorg24

Apr 3, 2019
If he stays healthy for the majority of games, next to Barkov I'd bet he has real 30 goal potential. This will probably look like a steal after one year

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Betting on potential. Guy shatters 20 goals last season if it was an 82 game season. He's p[laying with Barky so if he pots 30, this contract is insanely good. Zito has been doing a lot of "potential" contracts and if they don't work out, they are gone in 3 years anyways.
Yep: Duke was a bit lower, so under <12 for essentially 3 top six players isn't bad. Zito wants us to compete the last two years of Huby's contract

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm not sure about this, he played almost the whole season with Barkov. I would've liked to see how he'd do with Reinhart, Bennett or Lundell first, before rushing to re-sign him.

This also means we're likely paying someone to take Hornqvist next year or he's going on LTIR(etirement).

4M is extremely low risk at 3 years.
All it takes is 40+ points to be worth it.

With Barkov& Reinhart I can’t see how he wouldn’t be hitting 50-60 points with good effort level.

He’d really really have to fall of a cliff for this to be an anchor/negative.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Looks like another huge steal for Zito after great performance against Canes. First star of the game officially. 10 G 18 A in 34 games, 22 P in 5-on-5 (Huberdeau leads team with 24, Ovechkin leads league with 31). Never stops on the ice, deadly on the rush. His new contract is not even started yet but already looks like a bargain.

AHLer without Barkov according to one poster....:laugh:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Funny part about Verhaeghe is he is still under his original contract. So he is at 1M this season. If you are a believer in the 1M for every 10 points for contracts, he exceeded his contract already this season :laugh:

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Who the funk said that??
I feel like I've said something similar but less extreme, while also signing CV's praises.

He's one of my favourite players on the team, but he definitely looks lost at times without Barkov. But that isn't to say that his game props up Barkov as well.

Amazing contract by Zito. Montour, Bennett, Duclair, CV. Just an insanely efficient summer from Zito.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Oh lucky no comment in this Section. Holy Molly with this Series played, the whole Contract extension looked really cheap.
When we had a Contract extension afte the PO unsure we would able to pay him. I guess he would asked for 5 infront. Now was Playoff continues and he can get more Points and score more Goals.

One of the cheapest Contract on this Team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad