TSN: Carter positive for COVID, Jarry in protocol

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
At this point, we should sign Eric Staal for center depth.

giphy.gif

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
At this point, we should sign Eric Staal for center depth.

giphy.gif
Honesty, I wouldn’t mind it. Vet minimum, he brings a ton of experience, will probably mesh with all the guys off ice given the Jordan connection. And at this point the guy knows his place. He’s gone from an excellent middle six option to unsigned in a couple of seasons. If that doesn’t humble you and make you want to prove some people wrong, nothing will.

plus we know there will be more injuries down the line. More layoffs, more covid, that will require more bodies. Without question. I could see him having a Carteresque renaissance here (maybe I’ll start saying “Boylesque” soon). Okay, not as good as Carter, but better than Marleau for example.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Fine, the Penguins are not...
Are you Yoda or Palpatine? You cant be both.

Id argue that we are still in good shape, we banked some points that we really shouldnt have gotten from both the Panthers and Lightning. Write off next game, hope the kids are great and move on.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Are you Yoda or Palpatine? You cant be both.

Id argue that we are still in good shape, we banked some points that we really shouldnt have gotten from both the Panthers and Lightning. Write off next game, hope the kids are great and move on.

Even Palpatine would not want his flock taking uncalculated risks. Banking on some points is good, but you all know this team and the end results when things are just far more important. So while I relish CHAOS, it's not exactly the kind of chaos I want to portray. Chaos onto others, than chaos onto one's self, seems like totally against the point of making chaos.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Even Palpatine would not want his flock taking uncalculated risks. Banking on some points is good, but you all know this team and the end results when things are just far more important. So while I relish CHAOS, it's not exactly the kind of chaos I want to portray. Chaos onto others, than chaos onto one's self, seems like totally against the point of making chaos.
eRod as a #1 center, what could go wrong?

leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
In Crosby and Malkin's twilight years they should just go full Lakers and embrace the former star lineup.

I'm talkin' Staal.
I'm talkin' Getzlaf.
I'm talkin' Richards coming out of retirement.

'03 to '05 draftees or bust!

Reactions: HandshakeLine

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
From another TSN article: The team did receive a bit of good news Friday when it turned out that top goaltender had a “false positive” COVID-19 test on Thursday, freeing up his return to practice.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
From another TSN article: The team did receive a bit of good news Friday when it turned out that top goaltender had a “false positive” COVID-19 test on Thursday, freeing up his return to practice.
I hope he plays. Only fighting chance we have to take this to OT and still get one point.

Let's hope the Sharks absolutely brutalize the Leafs tonight so tomorrow Boyle looks fast against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad