TSN: Carter positive for COVID, Jarry in protocol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just saw this news…lol…and Sid is still not playing Saturday…

can we just concede to Toronto and move on?

Reactions: Pens x

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Man..... At least CHAOS still works, just in a totally different way.

We were due for a couple more.....
AfraidWellinformedAmurminnow-max-1mb.gif

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
This team...Lemieux's career ended middle of the season with a heart condition all of a sudden. Malkin misses significant time almost every year. Crosby gets his worst injury due to an "incidental" collision, has also had the mumps....Jagr quit on the team because he was sad....Palffy just gave up and went home mid-season....Stevens gets his face crushed like humpty dumpty....Gonchar had a heart attack at the zoo....Kris Letang turned into a literal Penguin after saving somebody's life in a snowstorm....

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't get why they need to put DoC at C when Lafferty should be the 4c in this situation.

Guentzel, Blueger, Kapanen
Zucker, Boyle, Heinen
O'Connor, Rodrigues, McGinn
Aston-Reese, Lafferty, Simon

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I find it kind of amazing that none of the staff in the arena or on the teams seems to ever come down with COVID, incidentally. Just the players. :dunno:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I thought Sid would be back by SAT. This is getting to be a bit much. Now Carter out? All the good we achieved in the first few games could go for not if this is our line up.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Damnit! Stuff like this is just a fact of life this season, but why now as we were just getting a little roll going?

Oh well, f*** COVID and I hope Jarrs is trouble free and Carter recovers quickly.

Not a bad time to have a 4 day break between games. Hopefully Sid is back next week.

Honestly, I had that moment yesterday looking at the schedule after buzzing from the game against the Stars. "Ahh, damnit, they're not playing again until Sunday?" And then I remembered: Sid, Rusty, Geno, Jake a mini funk without 87/71. They can give us a whole week off at this rate.

Also, BillyOcean has it right. According to the DNA of a Sully coached team, our chances improve inversely to the amount of $$$ we have sitting on IR any given night. So come saturday we should just sit Jake and Letang too, and we'd probably hang 10 on Toronto.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I still find it absolutely moronic (if true) that players in COVID protocol can't immediately be sent to IR/LTIR. This league is so dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad