Injury Report: Carter Hart to IR with Upper Body Injury

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Listening to the latest Snow the Goalie it seems there is/was a lot of confusion even within the organization on what to do with Hart. The practice was fine & part of NHL protocols. It was essentially a lighter practice for Hart just to test himself out. So that went fine. Hart has a mild concussion.

ASF said the initial plan he was told was that Hart was gonna stay here in Philadelphia for this road trip. The plan was to just give him essentially that 5-6 days extra days of rest here even if he were to do all the necessary steps to pass the protocols amongst that time. That got changed at some point & Hart went on the trip with the thought if he passes his necessary things to come out of protocol he could dress &/or potentially play.

ASF painted a picture that nobody is seemingly on the same page within the organization right now & this situation being all over the place leads credence to that.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So long as he doesn’t play till he’s fully recovered, it doesn’t matter if he went on the road trip or not. The whole thing is a boring beat up. The Russ Joy types are acting like this is the first time a hockey player got a concussion and practiced before eventually coming back to play.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
if...this was a rebuilding year as some have said...then you should just sit Hart out til 100% sure he is fine and just roll with what you got..but no..Flyers have to ..."contend"

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Listening to the latest Snow the Goalie it seems there is/was a lot of confusion even within the organization on what to do with Hart. The practice was fine & part of NHL protocols. It was essentially a lighter practice for Hart just to test himself out. So that went fine. Hart has a mild concussion.

ASF said the initial plan he was told was that Hart was gonna stay here in Philadelphia for this road trip. The plan was to just give him essentially that 5-6 days extra days of rest here even if he were to do all the necessary steps to pass the protocols amongst that time. That got changed at some point & Hart went on the trip with the thought if he passes his necessary things to come out of protocol he could dress &/or potentially play.

ASF painted a picture that nobody is seemingly on the same page within the organization right now & this situation being all over the place leads credence to that.
I'd bet a double quarter pounder that there are....some people... within the organization who believe he is healthy enough to play while the medical team thinks the opposite, causing them to be at odds. Out of this is born confusion and misinformation which the clueless beats/mouthpieces are reporting

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd bet a double quarter pounder that there are....some people... within the organization who believe he is healthy enough to play while the medical team thinks the opposite, causing them to be at odds. Out of this is born confusion and misinformation which the clueless beats/mouthpieces are reporting

In general ASF seemed to indicate that Fletcher being a lame duck GM & everybody in that organization knowing it as well is causing issues. He seemed to indicate there’s a lot of politicking & backstabbing going on right now.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
So long as he doesn’t play till he’s fully recovered, it doesn’t matter if he went on the road trip or not. The whole thing is a boring beat up. The Russ Joy types are acting like this is the first time a hockey player got a concussion and practiced before eventually coming back to play.
going in a pressurized airplane cabin with a concussion is a nono... but hey im sure if he rubs sum dirt in it. hell be fine

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
In general ASF seemed to indicate that Fletcher being a lame duck GM & everybody in that organization knowing it as well is causing issues. He seemed to indicate there’s a lot of politicking & backstabbing going on right now.
Then why is he still here? Take what ASF says with a grain of salt. Though makes for good conversation.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He apparently cleared his tests yesterday & could start against Anaheim according to Jeff Marek last night on Sportsnet.

Then why is he still here? Take what ASF says with a grain of salt. Though makes for good conversation.

Probably because he has the President title & this organization doesn’t outright fire their GM’s. Clarke & Scott are fans of Fletcher’s too. So he’s got two powerful people in his corner that are just incompetent as he is.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He apparently cleared his tests yesterday & could start against Anaheim according to Jeff Marek last night on Sportsnet.

Probably because he has the President title & this organization doesn’t outright fire their GM’s. Clarke & Scott are fans of Fletcher’s too. So he’s got two powerful people in his corner that are just incompetent as he is.
This is the key. Forget the hockey part for a minute. Clearly Scot is a smart businessman. How can he sit back and say to himself my President/GM is doing an average job. Forget about good lets just use average. He has to know they are an afterthought in the league, a laughingstock at every turn, and he must hear the fan and media whispers how bad they are.

It really is baffling even if he is listening to the old heads. Which I have my reservations.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This is the key. Forget the hockey part for a minute. Clearly Scot is a smart businessman. How can he sit back and say to himself my President/GM is doing an average job. Forget about good lets just use average. He has to know they are an afterthought in the league, a laughingstock at every turn, and he must hear the fan and media whispers how bad they are.

It really is baffling even if he is listening to the old heads. Which I have my reservations.
He’s close to retiring. He just doesn’t care and the pressure obviously isn’t coming from above him (Roberts).

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
He’s close to retiring. He just doesn’t care and the pressure obviously isn’t coming from above him (Roberts).
Vaild points. That being said there doesn't seem to be any exit plan in place for Scott by him or above. So is he really looking to retire?

I don't buy that he doesn't care. He is just flat out misguided and believes it isn't as bad. As far as pressure there has to be some I wold imagine. To what extent is the question.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
this.

I had gigs in Canada that I had to cancel because of a concussion. My doctor told me I could absolutely not fly (granted it was about 24 hours after suffering the concussion).
Sometimes i think @Curufinwe is a member of our medical staff! He defends them every time! Its sort of strange cause i really like most of his postings. But about the injury bug in the last years, he has a very strange view.

But maybe thats just me.

For sure you should never fly with a concussion. thanks for saying this Sombastate. Some guys just dont understand injuries to the head and brain are very dangerous and we still dont understand a lot of the things happening. But the Flyers medical staff is always right!

Reactions: WIP CALLER

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Clarke & Scott are fans of Fletcher’s too. So he’s got two powerful people in his corner that are just incompetent as he is.

They’re running a business. You make more money if you have a winning team. This dude couldn’t put together a good team if his life depended on it. This is why you don’t hire friends at work. It makes it harder to fire them than anyone else.

Regardless, Scott is clearly a doofus. In that regard, he fits right in with the rest of the keystone cops that is that idiotic front office.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad