Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Consent or not, and there “may” have been, I won’t go as far as to say not.

To do that to a young woman. Is just sick. f*** Hart. He’s made enough money to join the plebs in regular life after it’s done.

I don’t really want to know, and hope it’s not made public - but what’s the defense here? No we didn’t do it at all? Or no we had consent to do it? Option two is such a sleazy answer.

I don't see how they can deny it happened. Those "consent" videos wouldn't exist if nothing happened. I am curious what the new evidence is. I'm assuming the police never found any other video evidence (which assuredly existed at some point). So I have to believe the 2 witnesses are going to be the crux of the case for the prosecution.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don't see how they can deny it happened. Those "consent" videos wouldn't exist if nothing happened. I am curious what the new evidence is. I'm assuming the police never found any other video evidence (which assuredly existed at some point). So I have to believe the 2 witnesses are going to be the crux of the case for the prosecution.

She get paid by Hockey Can?

Dunno if that would change things.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Their defense is so unapologetic that I wouldn't be surprised if these 5 pukes strutted into the courtroom with this song playing as their theme music...

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Exhibit A of the most easily manipulated continent on earth, full of the stupidest people.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
74541b48-ca91-4b36-858e-23841b2b161f_text.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
lol I tried to tag her but I don't think she's logged in since The Great Server Exodus
"The Five Head" comment might bring her out. I remember she was awakened from her slumber with one of my references to that back and forth a couple of years ago or something. It was funny. She was cool and a good sport. Would be nice of her to stop by and say hi but maybe not in this thread! Lol

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Everyone should really watch the The Fifth Estate story. It goes through her initial lawsuit in detail.

Hockey Canada scandal: Inside our national sport - The Fifth Estate
Thank you....very disturbing and puts this incident into more context given the pervasive toxic culture (hazing etc) that has existed far too long. Convinces me even more regarding incidents that have carried over into the NHL like the one involving prominant Washington Capital players back in the early 90's. Those shouldn't be swept under the rug with the dustpan of history either if Hockey Canada wants to change its "culture."

Heck Lindros might have had a longer career if there was more accountability with that Caps incident way back....just sayin'

But that is just small potatos compared to what these women were subjected to due to the toxic culture and willful corruption exposed in that broadcast report.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"The Five Head" comment might bring her out. I remember she was awakened from her slumber with one of my references to that back and forth a couple of years ago or something. It was funny. She was cool and a good sport. Would be nice of her to stop by and say hi but maybe not in this thread! Lol

Hit her up on IG/Twitter. Tell her to come back

• Haha
Reactions: Embiid

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So that’s kinda a thing for me anyway.

Should she get compensation? Sure. But both jail time, and that?

Not saying it’s wrong but dunno how I feel about such a concept.
She received money from Hockey Canada and not any of the players through the settlement.

Hell, the players weren't even informed that they settled, IIRC.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Nothing wrong with having both happen. I may be a little bit biased being a personal injury attorney, but if someone injures you (physically, mentally, financially, or otherwise) you deserve to be compensated for those injuries. The wrongdoer also deserves to be punished. Sometimes you get one or the other. Sometimes you get both. Sometimes you get neither.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Others have explained it but I'll add that, though we don't know the details of the settlement other than what she initially sought, we do know that Hockey Canada had to liquidate assets to pay the settlement. Which means either it was substantial or Hockey Canada was really cash poor.

I think it's totally fitting that there be a cash settlement from Hockey Canada and a trial for the accused. The accused allegedly committed the crime and the institution enabled the situation and attempted to protect the players. So it gets punished as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad