Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Top comment... just end the human race now.

Screenshot_20240205_143101_X.jpg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
So many reporters asked questions they weren't going to be able to answer

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Does anyone have information on how this was reopened in 2022? Was it Westhead? Did the discovery of the Hockey Canada funding kick this off or was that just part of reopening this?

note: like the actual reason, not what London Police say

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Does anyone have information on how this was reopened in 2022? Was it Westhead? Did the discovery of the Hockey Canada funding kick this off or was that just part of reopening this?

Timeline of events:

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

I think the LPS were fairly transparent, within the limits of 'don't blow the case at the presser.' It'll probably end up being a combination of her family and other advocates and media not happy they weren't pressing charges and new evidence/witnesses who came forward during the Hockey Canada internal investigation. That info would've been shared with police and could've resulted in the review. I didn't have a problem with the presser. The new Chief admitted he was not happy with the time it took, changed all the detectives involved and added to the VAW and SA teams who use the review Committee as intended. It was an admission it took too long, now we wait and see who the witnesses are.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
I think the LPS were fairly transparent, within the limits of 'don't blow the case at the presser.' It'll probably end up being a combination of her family and other advocates and media not happy they weren't pressing charges and new evidence/witnesses who came forward during the Hockey Canada internal investigation. That info would've been shared with police and could've resulted in the review. I didn't have a problem with the presser. The new Chief admitted he was not happy with the time it took, changed all the detectives involved and added to the VAW and SA teams who use the review Committee as intended. It was an admission it took too long, now we wait and see who the witnesses are.
It could be confirmation bias on my part, but from the timeline @MiamiScreamingEagles posted this all came back up because TSN/Rick Westhead got word that HC settled with the victim in this case. Maybe more of a stretch but still likely that this was reopened because it came out where the funds for settlement came from.

I see little reason to doubt that this all stays hidden if Westhead doesn’t write about it

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
So with McCleod getting 2 charges does that make him the ring leader? I didn't get a chance to watch the press conference, dealing with the baby's insurance stuff

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
It could be confirmation bias on my part, but from the timeline @MiamiScreamingEagles posted this all came back up because TSN/Rick Westhead got word that HC settled with the victim in this case. Maybe more of a stretch but still likely that this was reopened because it came out where the funds for settlement came from.

I see little reason to doubt that this all stays hidden if Westhead doesn’t write about it
It was Westhead's reporting that blew the Hockey Canada slush fund scandal into the open for sure. The settlement brought the victim and her family back into the spotlight. HC's board and exec got purged, HC started its independent review, and the police chief retired after ordering a review. The new chief replaced the detectives on the case and they clearly had more evidence/testimony from people who came forward. A lot of police departments gloss over SA claims, to their discredit. It's esp. bad when there is a huge backlog of rape kits to process, i.e. never sent to the lab for DNA testing. A real scandal and it's getting cleaned up in Canada at least, over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripod

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
These 5 assholes don’t deserve to have their names mentioned.
So they are The 5 assholes from here on out.

Consent or not, and there “may” have been, I won’t go as far as to say not.

To do that to a young woman. Is just sick. f*** Hart. He’s made enough money to join the plebs in regular life after it’s done.

I don’t really want to know, and hope it’s not made public - but what’s the defense here? No we didn’t do it at all? Or no we had consent to do it? Option two is such a sleazy answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad