NFL: Carson Wentz benched

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wonder if something like Cousins to SF, Wentz to MIN and picks to PHI makes sense? Shanahan gets his boy Kirk, Wentz goes close to home.
That is dependent on everyone working together to figure out the dead cap implications to both Minny and Philly. SF would either cut Jimmy or send him to NE for a small price who would then redo his deal. Philly can’t expect much in return if they can escape a big dead cap charge. I think 3rd round picks most likely.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Man, the entire situation in Philadelphia is such a mess.

First off, you have Wentz, who was one of the worst QBs I've seen this year. I told Philly fans all year - you put Hurts in, the team will do better. Wentz is not a top tier QB. I was met with verbal assault from Philly fans on this board, claiming I know nothing about the situation, it's the receivers, it's the O-line, Hurts looked bad, etc. They finally throw Hurts in, and guess who was right? Me. And I was ecstatic. Philadelphia might be competitive again...Hurts looked better than Wentz did since the SB season. Philly beat the Saints, a massive upset, and had the division under their control.

...what a mess. That was, what? 3-4 weeks ago? What happened?!

Wentz wants out of Philly...fair enough. A change of scenery probably turns him into a decent starting QB again, if I had to bet. Who's going to take that contract, though? Philly has no leverage...none at all. Wentz has a high cap hit with GUARANTEED MONEY. For what? A 57.8% completion rating. 16-15 TD/INT. 50 sacks and 7 fumbles. 72.8 QBR. In a non-cap world, take a chance on Wentz...why not? In a cap world? Good. Luck. Philly.

To make matters worse, the organization turned into a Mickey Mouse league organization by intentionally throwing the final game of the season and pissing off their entire roster. Their QB of the future was shaking his head on the bench saying "It ain't right"! Miles Sanders told the media "No Philadelphia Eagles players liked the QB switch." Jason Kelce questioned Pederson on the side line about it. Two defensive players had to be HELD BACK from confronting Pederson.

So now you have an extremely high-paid, guaranteed money QB who is playing like shit and wants out. Your QB of the future, along with several players, unhappy with the organization. Your going to be drafting 6th overall, but suck at the draft table. Philly is in shambles.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad