GDT: carphi diem

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Canes still have not beaten one team with more points than them at the time of the game since Hamilton got injured
That may be because Hamilton got injured in 2020. Because with Hamilton the Canes were 0-3 against teams with better records once the calendar turned.
Everything that "changed" last January reverted this January.

Reactions: Tryamw

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Because with Hamilton the Canes were 0-3 against teams with better records once the calendar turned.
In fact, Hamilton went from being a ppg player to a .5 player this year. In the three games he played against teams with better records (Wash and TBL) in January Dougie didn't score and was a minus 4.

Last edited:

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Look at the bright side - we can do this now... :eyeroll:

CAUSE I'M MAD.png

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
NYR, Florida, and Minnesota could all pass Carolina tonight. Canes want top-10 pick
Since it looks all the more likely they won't make the playoffs, (even if they did, I doubt they'd make it past the first round), a top 10 pick would be the sole comfort of this season. So, that sounds good to me if they don't make the playoffs. Let's tank if we aren't gonna make it. Maybe we'll get lucky and win the lottery (also doubtful).

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
disappointed-but-not-5bf47d.jpg

Watched recording, so skimmed through last part. Tough loss, but that team is hot -- we've got to seize these low hanging fruit opps coming up over the next month and at least steal a couple from our rivals.

Ned left out to dry again, but I see a ton of potential in the young guy.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Reading HFBoards when your favorite team is on a losing streak is a nightmare. Just overreactions from everyone. During the 4 game losing streak they lost to 2 of the best teams in the league (Dal and Col) a team who is really good analytically but struggling in the standings Mtl, and a red hot flyers team. The Canes are better than every team they’re chasing or right behind. They still have 3 games in hand on CBJ, 2 on NYR, and 1 on NYI. Hope this board doesn’t watch a second of the playoff series when they make it since everyone is counting them done after tonight.

I give a lot of fans a pass because they have been watching this team during the Decade of Despair--which you may have been, too, but I havent. I try to think, "Okay, if these were my knicks, "How would I be reacting to losses etc?" and despair seems like a rational response lol.

That being said, I'm a noob, so I still have some optimism that hasn't been completely sucked out of me by this team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad