GDT: carphi diem

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I know we aren’t officially dead. However, Our players might want to stay off Twitter and other social media as it looks like even the diehards have finally seen the light about our current predicament. Most of our fan engagement has been very supportive and almost naively positive through the ups and downs but the tide appears to be turning. Based on commentary, it wasn’t Stanley Cup or bust but rather fans wanting to see a hard fought effort even with injuries. And, of course, some kind of playoff spot would be an added bonus.

I don’t envy the sales team and account managers as they try to hit those renewal quotas with the new crowd. Certainly, they’ve sold some just on the Canes entertainment experience sans results but I could see others deferring and taking a wait and see approach to monitor what happens in the off season. It really stinks when your marketing knocks it out of the park and turns their targets into believers only for the product to underperform.

I see a possible beacon of hope. MRÁZEK COMING OFF INJURY SO ***KING ANGRY HE BASHES SOME SENSE INTO ONE HALF OF THE TEAM AND KICKS IT INTO THE OTHER.

I just want to see him play like he did last march.

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I didn’t remember that play the way you guys broke it down. That’s not a good play. That’s also a AHL rebound on an unscreened wrist shot to the chest/arm from above the circles. Slavin still didn’t play it correctly.

That also doesn’t translate to he is playing poorly which seemed like the original inference. Defenseman are going to make a bad play every now and then no matter how good they are.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I know we aren’t officially dead.
Honestly, we are pretty close. Without legit goalie, with joke of a defense, with brutal mediocre PP. We doesn't even have secondary scoring. We won't make it. We are something 70 games into the season. Dzingel is flop, Gardiner is flop. They won't wake up suddenly. Nino has been meh this season. You can't rely on Aho, TT and Svech for all season. I'm not sure that Brindy knows how to wake this team at all.

We can't beat Metro team. We can't beat better team. We can't beat at road. I don't see how we make it.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I didn’t remember that play the way you guys broke it down. That’s not a good play. That’s also a AHL rebound on an unscreened wrist shot to the chest/arm from above the circles. Slavin still didn’t play it correctly.

That also doesn’t translate to he is playing poorly which seemed like the original inference. Defenseman are going to make a bad play every now and then no matter how good they are.

I agree, and nobody is suggesting firing Slavin into the sun. But here we have arguably our two best players (Aho and Slavin) essentially in a 2-on-2 situation getting completely outworked and outclassed by Scott Laughton and Ivan Provorov. Add in the situation -- an AHL goalie, desperate need to play with the lead, divisional opponent, 19 games left in the season, etc. -- and it's just completely inexcusable for these two guys to get worked like this and lose track of some pretty basic details of the game.

This play was 100 per cent about not having their heads screwed on straight, and we can't have it from anyone, let alone those two.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
I don't think it's bashing on Slavin to say that he handled that play poorly. Yes, he's overworked and saddled with a zero, but he still played that very poorly.

I love Slavin, but this was a very bad play and a terrible goal to allow. Blaming anybody aside from Aho and Slavin is just wrong.

Edmondson was probably even worse on that play. Sitting on there just below the hash marks, zero reaction to the rebound, just completely flat footed

play some old school hockey, one D in front of the net

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Edmondson was probably even worse on that play. Sitting on there just below the hash marks, zero reaction to the rebound, just completely flat footed

play some old school hockey, one D in front of the net

Look, this play is dead and over, and within an hour, we're going to have brand new screw ups to break down assign blame.

But the *only* way you can assign any blame whatsoever to Edmundson on this play is if he *knew* Slavin was going to get beat 1-on-1 by Provorov. Otherwise, Eddy's job is to protect the weak side and keep the trailer from getting to the front of the net, which he did.

Let me put it this way, if Edmundson had immediately skated to Provorov, the trailer probably gets the rebound and scores and we're all yelling at Eddy for chasing the puck instead of taking care of his man.

I get the hate for Eddy. He's costing us way more than he brings to the table. But he did nothing wrong on this play.

Reactions: cptjeff and Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad