Confirmed with Link: Caron signed

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Yea the Caron bashing is getting old and somewhat pointless.

Every team needs lower-end players too...He's still young and has a bit of upside....he has good size and is defensively responsible.

Better him than some veteran Dan Duquette reclamation project from the scrapheap.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Are we waiting for 3 more pennies so we can get a nickel in return?

This was part of the conversation last season. That Chiarelli had a dance partner somewhere in the beginning of last year and that he was attempting to maximize the return. There were teams (plural?) that were interested. Seems difficult to believe, I have to admit...

Even if it is a penny at this point, I fail to see the harm in inking Caron. I just don't think it means anything just yet. Chiarelli and crew are still (I believe) in the process of making a deal or two to get a more clear idea of what is going to happen with the roster and if Caron can contribute either as a fourth line winger OR as a small piece that helps tip the scale in a trade, then it's more worthwhile than letting him walk for nothing.

Dr Seldon

Mar 11, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
He'll either be traded for a low pick or be a 13th or 14th forward for close to league minimum. Not much to get upset with in my book. I guess it has a lot to do with, as bp13 said, being a former 1st round pick, and all the expectations that comes with that.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It is hilarious how much of a whipping boy this guy is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm part of the mob. I think he's laughably invisible on the ice. That said, he's definitely a capable 4th liner in the NHL. Sadly he was a 1st round pick, but still, he's serviceable. But it's just funny how to a man every fan hears his name and just sighs. It's great.

Agree. At this salary, he's the perfect 13th forward for this team. Already knows the system, can play on the 3rd/4th line if needed andwho knows, maybe he still have that Toronto game somewhere in him...

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Agree. At this salary, he's the perfect 13th forward for this team. Already knows the system, can play on the 3rd/4th line if needed andwho knows, maybe he still have that Toronto game somewhere in him...

michael-scott-noooooooooo-o.gif

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

I still believe that both Caron and Bartkowski will be dealt. These signings mean precious little at this point.

Unless Chia can get something in return for Caron and/or that he wants another providence graduate/cheap UFA signing as the 13th F, expect Caron to be that guy and in the press box for game 1.

As for Bart, I also expect him to be traded. Or if not him, Boychuk, Seidenberg or McQuaid...

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Caron signed #25 overall pick in 2009
Pastrnak signed #25 overall pick in 2014

Coincidence, I think not. Please let one not be like the other.

member 96824

"I have six dollars left to my name and my children are hungry....this novelty T-shirt looks great!"

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
He is also one of very few natural right-wingers that we have left. Don't be surprised if our 4th line ends up being Paille-Campbell-Caron.

member 96824

Everyone relax...there is NO WAY Chris Bourque ends up on our opening night roster.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
It is hilarious how much of a whipping boy this guy is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm part of the mob. I think he's laughably invisible on the ice. That said, he's definitely a capable 4th liner in the NHL. Sadly he was a 1st round pick, but still, he's serviceable. But it's just funny how to a man every fan hears his name and just sighs. It's great.

I think you're contradicting yourself here. Unless you think 4th liners are usually invisible and don't really serve a purpose. I believe Caron is serviceable, but as a 13th or 14th forward playing a game or two here in relief of injured players.

Like you said I think he's laughably invisible and serves no purpose when he plays other than being a warm body to fill a roster spot.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
He is also one of very few natural right-wingers that we have left. Don't be surprised if our 4th line ends up being Paille-Campbell-Caron.

I won't.

Just like Miller has the perfect 6/7th Dmen contract, Caron has the perfect 12/13th forward contract. Also, he already knows the system and is still young.

If he's not traded, he's on the 4th line or in the press box as the 13th forward for game 1.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
^ HAHAHAHAH

I've reached the point where I'm glad he's on the team, for comedic value alone.

Altamira

Sep 20, 2013
Massachusetts
4th line or healthy scratch RW who makes 600k. I don't see the reason for outrage, they are going to need a $600k cap hit somewhere on this roster to allow others to fit. Yes, he's terrible but he now makes less than almost anyone.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yea the Caron bashing is getting old and somewhat pointless.

Every team needs lower-end players too...He's still young and has a bit of upside....he has good size and is defensively responsible.

Better him than some veteran Dan Duquette reclamation project from the scrapheap.

Spot on as I feel the same way.

He took a huge discount and that alone makes me respect him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad