Recalled/Assigned: Caron Recalled-Paging Jordan Caron

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
that play Caron made last night in the left offensive corner on the boards with a subsequent pass to I think Peverley for a very good scoring chance was outstanding

He does that consistently he'll play in the NHL; two games and two thumbs up

he maybe one of those people that need an assignment to carry out- he can certainly play defense, work the wall, and when he gets the chance take it to the net or fire the puck. Seems simple enough when you have those tools in the box

they need him

I have heard he is bright and to me its strictly between the ears with him- he needs to become obsessed with being a beast down low and using that big frame to screen, make things very difficult for defenseman, and win more battles than he loses although his mindset should be to win ALL battles

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Yea Caron has been very good doing the simple stuff....put the puck in deep...win battles etc.

That line was really dragging the Bruins down and the past three games it has been different.

Mike B.

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
For all the feeling that Caron has been around forever and not won a job yet, he really hasn't fallen behind his draft class in terms of production. He was drafted 25th in 2009, and currently ranks 20th in games played and 17th in goals and points. Seems premature to write the guy off, if we aren't also going to write off the whole (just about) 2009 draft.

Also, the Bruins' depth at forward needs to be considered, overall they have a very deep group with little roster turnover since Caron got here. Even the 4th line is the same as it was in 2010-2011.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I've been waiting a bit to see how he has played...but I can't help but ask how exactly did Caron get slower between last year and this year?

Last year there were a few games when he looked like he had decent wheels for a bigger guy.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Caron has done nothing noteworthy yet, and I don't even think that's a good thing in this case. I have noticed him maybe 2-3 times so far doing anything attention-worthy. I see him as a 4th liner at best on a good team... if we can get something for him at the deadline I hope Chiarelli goes for that option.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I love the passion of those who post on this board for the B’s to win every game and the hockey knowledge is exceptional from most … yet I am equally baffled by many of those same posters who lack patience and expect every Bruin prospect when called up to play like a 12 year game seasoned veteran. If they were capable of that they would have been drafted number 1 in their draft not the end of the 1st or the lower rounds.

Heck, most of these ‘kids’ who are prospects – their bodies are still filling out … they need time to not only develop their game for the NHL but also their bodies. We may not be able to see them reach their full potential for 10 plus years when they have accumulated the game experience as well as body maturation.

Caron has the potential to be a very useful winger in the NHL – give him time. And as with all there will be mistakes and indifferent play from time to time, but that is to be expected, and as the years go by hopefully less and less until he becomes a solid two way player shift in shift out.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I love the passion of those who post on this board for the B’s to win every game and the hockey knowledge is exceptional from most … yet I am equally baffled by many of those same posters who lack patience and expect every Bruin prospect when called up to play like a 12 year game seasoned veteran. If they were capable of that they would have been drafted number 1 in their draft not the end of the 1st or the lower rounds.

Heck, most of these ‘kids’ who are prospects – their bodies are still filling out … they need time to not only develop their game for the NHL but also their bodies. We may not be able to see them reach their full potential for 10 plus years when they have accumulated the game experience as well as body maturation.

Caron has the potential to be a very useful winger in the NHL – give him time. And as with all there will be mistakes and indifferent play from time to time, but that is to be expected, and as the years go by hopefully less and less until he becomes a solid two way player shift in shift out.

I suppose he still has potential but if he was in another organization I don't think Bruins fans would have a problem saying that he was approaching bust territory. Caron wasn't even a good AHL player this year. I know he had an injury but he's about as slow as Pandolfo.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005

There is a story in today's Toronto Sun on Kadri. The gist of the story with comments from several GMs is that it takes a lot of rookies until age 22 to blossom.

The message being - don't be too quick to write a player off as a failure.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/21/maple-leafs-nazem-kadri-turns-doubters-into-believers

“I saw him around Christmas with the Marlies,” said Phoenix general manager Don Maloney. “He didn’t do much. And I thought, you know, maybe he’s not going to make it.

“And we all make the same mistake in this business. We want to rush our kids and have them play right away. We want to make snap decisions. And when they don’t do what we want, too often we give up on them.”

“Everyone in our business should take note of this,” said Armstrong. “We’re all guilty of wanting more and asking too much of our young players. We’re all guilty of impatience. And when a player doesn’t meet our expectations, we turn to someone else.

“Time was we used to draft Europeans and not even bring them over until they were 22, 23, 24. And they played right away. But we draft these kids at 18 and we’re not willing to wait on them. And you see something like this and you realize how wrong you can be."

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

If he isn't ready, he shouldn't be playing! Simple as that. Even with injuries, there has to be other options. He is on the Bruins to use his size to get time and space for his linemates like a lesser Lucic as far as I can tell. He doesn't do that! (This year at least, he's done it in flashes previously). Again it comes back to the Pandolfo issue a bit I suppose; maybe he'd look good on a line with Kelly-Peverley or Peverley-Spooner.

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia

I don't think anyone is expecting him to play like a seasoned veteran, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to show some improvement from a year or two ago, and it honestly seems like he's regressed in the past year+ instead of improved.

Other than a brief stretch of games last season, he looked like a middling 4th liner, then he didn't do much in the AHL this season, and thus far he's been invisible-to-mediocre with Boston.

I'm not quite ready to write him off, but I am interested in seeing when his game will start to improve - it'd honestly be easier for me to believe in his 'potential' if he did more to give me reason to believe. But so far he's given me little reason to think that he'll blossom into anything better than a bottom 6 guy on a decent team and a 4th liner on a strong team.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I don't think anyone is expecting him to play like a seasoned veteran, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him to show some improvement from a year or two ago, and it honestly seems like he's regressed in the past year+ instead of improved.

Other than a brief stretch of games last season, he looked like a middling 4th liner, then he didn't do much in the AHL this season, and thus far he's been invisible-to-mediocre with Boston.

I'm not quite ready to write him off, but I am interested in seeing when his game will start to improve - it'd honestly be easier for me to believe in his 'potential' if he did more to give me reason to believe. But so far he's given me little reason to think that he'll blossom into anything better than a bottom 6 guy on a decent team and a 4th liner on a strong team.

As always spot on...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad