Recalled/Assigned: Caron Recalled-Paging Jordan Caron

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Now introducing the next whipping boy:) Wonder how many posts slam him from the moment he steps on the ice for his first shift or if he doesn`t record a few pts:)

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Thank ****ing god.

I personally much prefer Caron on the third line rather than an old Pandolfo and undersized Bourque.

Caron at the least can gain experience and be a good backup if we don't trade him this year or if he does impress he can be trade bait in landing a bigger fish for that third line.

I would much rather have our young players in Providence like Caron, Macdermid, Krug, Bartkowski be the extra forwards and defensemen over old plug players that are there just to take up space. At the least these young players will gain more experience which is huge going forward.

Pint O Guinness

Apr 6, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
My guess is that a team that Boston may be in talks with Calgary for example might want to see how he can play in NHL level before pulling a deal off, just pay attention to whose scouting the Bruins the next couple of games.

The switch of Bourque to Caron made no sense to me.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Now introducing the next whipping boy:) Wonder how many posts slam him from the moment he steps on the ice for his first shift or if he doesn`t record a few pts:)

I hope not.

Let's give the third line a couple of games to get it going.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
My guess is that a team that Boston may be in talks with Calgary for example might want to see how he can play in NHL level before pulling a deal off, just pay attention to whose scouting the Bruins the next couple of games.

It didn`t? The switch of Bourque to Pandalfo made sense to me, not like it was going to sacrifice offense, let alone one to Caron who`s a guy in Providence with some NHL experience who knows Julien`s system, and is a guy that Julien trusts.

Bourque had ample opportunity to produce something, he didn`t, 50+ career NHL games, 8pts, JC, in a role where he`s been shifted between line after line, never used on the PP, has been used on the PK by Julien, as uninspired as the majority have been with his AHL play/attitude, has put up only 22pts in 70 games but brings elements that Bourque cannot with his size

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

It makes total sense. Caron would have been with the Bruins in the first place if he hadn't been injured at the start of the season. Not to say Bourque wouldn't have had a chance in camp, but at the very least they would have been competing with each other.

I don't think anyone is saying Caron is going to step on to the third line and off they'll go, but he's shown some promise in the past. He's a big strong kid and knows the system. Isn't it better for the Bruins to give him a shot than to hit the trade market at this moment? Isn't that what these kids are for?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It makes total sense. Caron would have been with the Bruins in the first place if he hadn't been injured at the start of the season. Not to say Bourque wouldn't have had a chance in camp, but at the very least they would have been competing with each other.

I don't think anyone is saying Caron is going to step on to the third line and off they'll go, but he's shown some promise in the past. He's a big strong kid and knows the system. Isn't it better for the Bruins to give him a shot than to hit the trade market at this moment? Isn't that what these kids are for?

Agreed, if I can perhaps take it a step further, I believe that Chia and Co may have had some hopes of the internal competition for that 3rd line spot to come from Knight vs Caron who, as we all know, neither has been able to stay healthy.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Thank ****ing god.

I personally much prefer Caron on the third line rather than an old Pandolfo and undersized Bourque.

Caron at the least can gain experience and be a good backup if we don't trade him this year or if he does impress he can be trade bait in landing a bigger fish for that third line.

I would much rather have our young players in Providence like Caron, Macdermid, Krug, Bartkowski be the extra forwards and defensemen over old plug players that are there just to take up space. At the least these young players will gain more experience which is huge going forward.

My bet caron was called up to showcase him.He going in any deal they make is my bet.Cause really he has not played well enough to deserve a callup.Thats my guess anyways.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011

Sure it does. Bourque is a career AHL player. He doesn't cut it at the NHL level. It's time to see if Caron can show us the potential that he has. It certainly doesn't hurt to get more size on the 3rd line.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
My bet caron was called up to showcase him.He going in any deal they make is my bet.Cause really he has not played well enough to deserve a callup.Thats my guess anyways.

agree. 2 dallas scouts at the game. there's been smoke around brenden morrow for a long time. he said yesterday that he knows dallas doesn't want to re-sign him and that he'll probably be traded, but would play his ass off until they tell him to take the jersey off. sounds like a guy i'd want on my team. he's not the same player from a few years ago, but still could play a key role on the #3 line. caron+pick?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
agree. 2 dallas scouts at the game. there's been smoke around brenden morrow for a long time. he said yesterday that he knows dallas doesn't want to re-sign him and that he'll probably be traded, but would play his ass off until they tell him to take the jersey off. sounds like a guy i'd want on my team. he's not the same player from a few years ago, but still could play a key role on the #3 line. caron+pick?

I think that could be it . Its the smart move too.Not too much cost in terms of assets.Low risk high reward potential and Morrow is a Bruins type player.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec

He is looking to top up at 40 points for a NHL team. I don't think he will be a scorer, at 23 years old I hope he proves me wrong because I base this on stats and minimum NHL viewing only.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

Count me down for this. Gotta think a shot at a Cup would be an extra motivator too. I always thought he was on Dallas when they won but looks like he missed it by one year.

BamBamCam*

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ain't this the truth. Accurate post, I am waiting for the red slash across "Clodes" face to come back, but I am sure that won't happen until they pitchfork Ference back to Calgary.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
Northeast

Morrow would be great on that third line.

COwens12

Nov 16, 2011
Framingham, MA
Count me down for this. Gotta think a shot at a Cup would be an extra motivator too. I always thought he was on Dallas when they won but looks like he missed it by one year.

Watched the Dallas-LA game couple nights ago and made sure to pay attention to Morrow. Honestly, his skill set is less that of what a guy like Caron brings. He scored a goal but it was gift wrapped and he still almost missed it. What you get is a 6' tall, LH Power Forward type who has lost a step and can go stretches of impact-less/negative play. What you get is a lead by example leader who has never won a cup but with Chara, Bergeron, Ference, Kelley, Thornton there is enough leadership where you dont need to bring in a guy on a lateral move like that to fill that void. Caron + 3rd is too much in my opinion. I know Caron doesnt hold much value to other teams, but Caron for Morrow just seems like a lateral move and isnt worth the 3rd that goes with Caron. If we can get Morrow for closer to a 5th/6th in value that is something I'd be more interested in. This all depends on the availability of Iginla/Alfredsson but I dont really see either in a B's uniform realistically. Hopefully some combination of Soderberg and Caron will do the job and Bruins can keep those assets.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Gotta say Caron did a pretty good job today.

He seems to be more of what that line needs-would still prefer a big body with more of a scoring touch, but I think having a big body, good on the boards with more defensive upside is a better fit for Kelly and Peverly and the role they play.

Nice to see him set up Kelly's goal.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
Good job by Caron, the 3rd line was noticeably better today. Caron fits in on any of the top 3 lines in case of an injury, I'm not saying he would be the best option but he is a nice depth player to have if he is going to play like he did today.

I think if Soderberg does come here, he and Caron give the Bruins the option of either making a big deadline deal for a D or packaging an everyday player with whatever it takes to get a bigger name player at the deadline.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Yes it certainly is. You always want to make sure that you know what you have on hand prior to moving people around with/for little to no apparent gain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->