GDT: Carolina @ Tampa Bay 8 PM EDT USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
That win put a ton of pressure on Tampa. We just blocked their spike. Hopefully we can hold the line one more time.

Yeah if we can win the next one I'll be feeling pretty damn good about our chances. Gonna be a real tall task though to take both in Tampa, especially after they thoroughly outplayed us last night. Getting Tro and/or Foegele back would be real nice, but if not then next man up and we need guys like SAT and Staal/Necas top really step up their game.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yeah if we can win the next one I'll be feeling pretty damn good about our chances. Gonna be a real tall task though to take both in Tampa, especially after they thoroughly outplayed us last night. Getting Tro and/or Foegele back would be real nice, but if not then next man up and we need guys like SAT and Staal/Necas top really step up their game.
It may backfire, but I'd very much like to see Geekie or (and my preference) Lorentz can do in Foegele's spot in a scoring line. Lorentz in particular can throw his weight around a bit and is able to drive offensive play from what I've seen. Put him on a line with a scorer and good things could happen.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
It may backfire, but I'd very much like to see Geekie or (and my preference) Lorentz can do in Foegele's spot in a scoring line. Lorentz in particular can throw his weight around a bit and is able to drive offensive play from what I've seen. Put him on a line with a scorer and good things could happen.
I agree I feel like he stands out in a positive way most shifts

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I agree I feel like he stands out in a positive way most shifts
Yeah I'm with you. He reminds me a bit of Erik Cole, just not quite at that level, at least not yet. Of all the prospects we've called up recently who weren't already pegged as stars (Gauthier, Geekie, Luostrainen, Mäenalanen, heck, even Foegele), he's the one that most looks like a Top 6 guy just waiting for his opportunity to shine.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Yeah I'm with you. He reminds me a bit of Erik Cole, just not quite at that level, at least not yet. Of all the prospects we've called up recently who weren't already pegged as stars (Gauthier, Geekie, Luostrainen, Mäenalanen, heck, even Foegele), he's the one that most looks like a Top 6 guy just waiting for his opportunity to shine.

He plays every shift with passion and an edge you just can't teach.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

This pass from Turbo needs to be praised more. The more I look at it the more ridiculous it becomes. Backhand, through his legs, no look deflection while skating in a direct line away from where he wanted it to go and puts it right on the tape of Aho to spring the break and goal.

That's just absolute filth. One of the most sublime redirections I've ever seen, and it was so quick I didn't even see it in real time.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia

Lorentz got bumped into Foegle’s spot once he was out so decent shot we could see that. Though I’d guess McGinn goes up with Staal and Necas and Geekie or Paquette up with Martinook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad