Confirmed with Link: Carolina Officially Matches Habs' Offer Sheet for Aho

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Gross overpayment is what's required if you wanna poach a RFA away

We did poach him, he signed for 8.5m because that's his true value. Carolina just poached him back.

10.5m would be a disaster signing, and would directly impact Domi's signing as well since Aho would drive his price up (see Leafs).

A GM is responsible for more than just adding players, he has to keep the finances in check. Wanting to add a player for an overpayment is the fan in you talking.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
24wy0pz.jpg

Oh well at least I tried and the fair weather Hab fans will love me for trying this. Now on to more bargain shopping.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Look at all those RFAs that resigned thanks to this wait.

Its almost like the reasons given were pure BS.

Reactions: habsfan891

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Gross overpayment is what's required if you wanna poach a RFA away

That's why it's only worked once in recent history with Dustin ****ing Penner
Yes and then your own RFAs and UFAs would want a gross over payment, but who needs them we would have had Aho!
You pay Aho 10.5 when he's worth 8.5 the guy worth 10.5 will want 14 and so on which is what freakin lead the first lookout. But those were fun times, let's do that again,

Reactions: NameInUse

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Today is just confirming that Bergevin has still no plan and has been lying about it for a while.

He just feel the pressure since Price told him that he wants to win NOW because the only reason he was resigned on this team was because of CP31.

Nobody in this forum can tell what the **** is his plan
How is this confirming your accusations??

:laugh:

Man, like it’s early July and you’re pulling the plug and trying to justify it with excuses LOL

Reactions: NameInUse

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
We did poach him, he signed for 8.5m because that's his true value. Carolina just poached him back.

10.5m would be a disaster signing, and would directly impact Domi's signing as well since Aho would drive his price up (see Leafs).

A GM is responsible for more than just adding players, he has to keep the finances in check. Wanting to add a player for an overpayment is the fan in you talking.

We only tried to poach him with a weak attempt, we did not successfully poach him.

But yeah, I agree, the GM has to keep the finances in check --- but that didn't prevent him from spending over 8m AAV on two bottom pairing defenders like Alzner + Chiarot. I'd say these two combined are bigger overpayments than Aho would have been at 10.5m... and Aho is a 21 yo ppg #1 center. It's not like those grow on trees.

Reactions: habsfan891

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Nothing gained nothing lost. I’m a hopeless optimist so I hope more thing are to come. No denying my fandom but I’m sure something more will happen; trying on Aho confirms he sees the need for a offensive catalyst. Whether it comes in the form of a forward or a LHD remains to be seen.

He won’t take the chance of a regression from last years result. He knows it.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Yes and then your own RFAs and UFAs would want a gross over payment, but who needs them we would have had Aho!
You pay Aho 10.5 when he's worth 8.5 the guy worth 10.5 will want 14 and so on which is what freakin lead the first lookout. But those were fun times, let's do that again,

Yeah? Well let them sign an offer sheet with another team then.

Because Aho instantly would have become our best forward.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
It would destroy our Cap and turn us into a crappier version of the Leafs not to mention the 4 1st round picks.
I obviously meant the 2 1st, 1 2nd 1 3rd compensation, which wouldn't even come close to destroying our cap and would add one of the best young centers in the league for a (relative) bargain. If that gets matched, which it likely would, then you've just added more cap to Carolina, a win-win

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad