Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
hey, look, an accurate depiction of what's happening to our season so far:

Battle%20of%20Kursk%20tanks.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If he's scoring like his 2013 self? Probably a first and a nice prospect.

If he starts to look more like his 2014 self probably either or, if not outright changing the first for a second.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Wonder what Francis can get for him at the deadline?

Not only that, but we need to trade every defenseman on the roster except Faulk and Murphy, and if Murphy isn't going to bulk up a bit, then trade him too.

I mean seriously, can Rissanen, Jordan, Lowe, Carrick and/or Biega do any worse than these clowns?

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Not only that, but we need to trade every defenseman on the roster except Faulk and Murphy, and if Murphy isn't going to bulk up a bit, then trade him too.

I mean seriously, can Rissanen, Jordan, Lowe, Carrick and/or Biega do any worse than these clowns?

Only if you tied their skate laces together and took away their sticks!

Yeah, the Canes already have a very good 2nd pair. They need a top pair, and a 3rd pair. Or at least a responsible, solid, defense first guy to match with Murphy. Hell, I'd settle for Pitkanen at this point!

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Daniel Tolensky @dtolensky · 2h 2 hours ago

Last night Carolina had a 45% CF% (45+/54-). In his 20:35 TOI, @ryanmurphy24 was 65% CF% (31+/17-).

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Yes. That's why they didn't make the team.

No ****, thanks for telling me they didn't make the team, didn't know that. Point is, winning now should be the least of our worries. trade off all these guys for any asset you can get. Ya know, something that shoulda been done 3 years ago.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Daniel Tolensky @dtolensky · 2h 2 hours ago

Last night Carolina had a 45% CF% (45+/54-). In his 20:35 TOI, @ryanmurphy24 was 65% CF% (31+/17-).

Well, 45% CF% is kinda what happens when you ice a 1st line, a very young, inexperienced 3rd line, a 4th line and an AHL line.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Problem is, who would want any of these guys? Teams aren't (and weren't) beating down the doors for guys like Bellemore, Harrison, Liles or Gleason.

The hope is that some of them play well enough and other contending teams have some injuries so that some of them have a chance at being moved at the deadline.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
No ****, thanks for telling me they didn't make the team, didn't know that. Point is, winning now should be the least of our worries. trade off all these guys for any asset you can get. Ya know, something that shoulda been done 3 years ago.

In the history of sports, when has that ever happened 2% into the season?

Those numbers for Murphy are inflated slightly since they're all-situations, and he got 3:45 on the PP and nothing on the PK. He did finish with a 56% CF at even strength, which is still solid.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Problem is, who would want any of these guys? Teams aren't (and weren't) beating down the doors for guys like Bellemore, Harrison, Liles or Gleason.

The hope is that some of them play well enough and other contending teams have some injuries so that some of them have a chance at being moved at the deadline.

And that's the crux of the matter.

I honestly don't think Liles is a movable contract, not unless we're talking someone else taking him on to dump a bad contract of their own.

We MIGHT be able to get a mid-round pick (3rd at best, likely 4th or 5th) for Gleason and/or Harrison at the deadline, if a team heading into the playoffs has injury issues on D which someone almost always does.

Cam's in the same situation in net, only with an even worse contract, though one that's at least expiring after next season which takes it from "unmovable albatross" to "oh god, our top 2 goalies are out, our AHL goalie sucks, and we have to save our season... **** it" from a trade perspective.

Sekera we could get a real nice return for though. But do we want to move him? Only if the return is THAT good IMO.

Sekera, Tlusty, and possibly McClement (people always are looking for a bottom 6 shutdown C at the deadline) are our only 3 highly valuable pieces that would be easy to move. At least ones that we justifiably could if not outright should if we're that far out at the deadline.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Correct.

It's still quite an impressive/shocking stat for Murphy. I thought he did well. Better than the #superbad guys at least.

Murphy looked quite good last night to my eye. He created some plays in the offensive zone and sparked the attack, and was competent though not spectacular on defense. I even remember seeing him make at least one really nice defensive play.

Next game, I want Hainsey back and Harrison benched. Hell, Harrison should have been the one benched last game. I don't think that there's any question that Murphy should stay in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad