GDT: Carolina @ #nynewyorkislanders: Déjà Vu all over again

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Saw a few posts saying without Eric, Nash is the #1C. You guys know he's centered the 4th line the last two nights right?

Dec 30, 2013
If Eric is out long term, the avatar I chose last week will be all the more fitting.

Rask
Nash
McClement
Sutter

If that isn't a McDaviding center lineup I don't know what is.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
C'mon Rocky. No matter what Management did, this team was doomed without J. STaal, Skinner and E.Staal. Picking up a guy like Penner wouldn't change that.

Please don't start. This season was doomed long before the injuries hit.

I literally cannot wait for Karmanos's stammering, mostly incoherent interview at the end of this season asking for more patience and blaming yet another lost season on injuries. I honestly wish we could just forfeit all our games and save all the money on travel and keeping the ice frozen. This is gonna be magical.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
i am probably going to win a 4,500+ person league on fanduel today and should win $400

is that enough credentials for u guys

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Please don't start. This season was doomed long before the injuries hit.

Please don't start. :laugh: You're too much Kev. I just knew that it wouldn't take more than a loss or two before you'd show up. :laugh:

I never said, nor implied that the season wasn't doomed from the start. In fact, if you go look at the season prediction thread, I picked that they'd be picking top 5 again, even without injuries so not sure where you are getting anything differently.

My point, which you completely missed, is that adding a couple of vets (the premise of Rocky's post) like Penner (afterall, Canes have a whole $3M in cap space) to this roster wasn't going to change the outcome, especially with the injuries. Do you disagree with that? Do you think they could have added a couple of 'impact' vets for $3M (and ones that would have wanted to come here)? I don't think they could have.

Now, if you want to argue that they should have blown up this roster in the offseason, or that JR. messed it up with his contracts, or they should have made more radical changes through trades, etc....then that's a different discussion than what I was responding to and different than what Rocky was saying.

Last edited:

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
wasnt talking about whether or not you were telling the truth...

congrats though, who else you got? who are we cheering for/against?

if vrbata and henrik sedin are on the ice for an even strength goal against i will not win and will get somewhere between 100 and 175

if that doesn't happen i should be good.

and for the record i don't care if my opinions are taken seriously here or not i just like to have a place to post them and about them and stir **** up sometimes

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
just kidding. **** this thing it takes so dman long to update

i need vrbata and/or henrik to get a point now to win

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
i only got 3rd and won 125 because daniel sedin kept ****ing shooting in OT

i am so sorry to let everybody down

urho

Sep 12, 2008