GDT: Carolina @ #nynewyorkislanders: Déjà Vu all over again

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

It seems like we just did this, it's like Déjà Vu all over again.

Deja_Vu_cart.jpg

Carolina Lines:

Tlusty//Eric//Semin
Gerbe//Rask//Lindholm
Malone//McClement//Dwyer
Terry//Nash//Brown

Faulk//Sekera
Hainsey//Murphy
Liles//#timgleson

Anton
Ward

#nynewyorkislanders Lines:

Conacher//Tavares//Okposo
Grabovski//Nelson//Strome
Bailey//Nielsen//Kulemin
Martin//Cizikas//Clusterf***

Hickey//Hamonic
Leddy//Boychuk
Strait//Reinhart

Halak
Johnson

I was gonna make something halfway decent last nite, but fell asleep on my couch watching Twilight Zone reruns and still didn't see anything when I woke up, so now here's this which I hope is passable :D

So anyway, yeah jfwp or lose for Connor, regardless, I'll end with some pretty music and a rabbit with a pancake on it's head.

5414660_8716bf615a.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
For those that saw last night's game, was Hainsey that noticeably bad? Is this a healthy scratch? Interesting to say the least.

Murphy, Gleason and Harrison all on the ice tonight. :laugh: This ought to be fun.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm going to give Peters the benefit of the doubt here (of course, I didn't see the game so that's easy). He has preached that he's holding players accountable. Maybe there was something specific in Hainsey's game that he didn't like and he's sending him a message?

If Peters is a coach that will hold top players (top 6 fwd, top 4 D) accountable, it would be a refreshing change. I'll give it more time to see how this all plays out, but interesting move nonetheless.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
That's all fine but its not like the Canes can afford sitting better players out..

I disagree. If a player isn't doing what the coach wants of him, then the coach needs to take the appropriate action. This team isn't winning many games even with the better players in the line-up IMO.

I'm only speculating though. I'm not saying I agree with this move, as I didn't see last nights' game, but either Hainsey is nursing something or the coach really didn't like something he saw and felt it was serious enough to sit him. Unless Peters comes out and tells us, we won't know.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Already 1 glass of wine in..so this one should be fun tonight. Looks like going to Phantom of the Opera with my wife was the right call last night. Of course, 3 22oz Fat Tires helped.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Curious question regarding the term "tank". Where does it come from and how did it start in terms of the sports reference? And is it a tank as in a military tank? Or a tank as in a septic tank? or a tank as in blindly drunk (I'm tanked)? or something totally unrelated?

I tried googling it a while back and couldn't find anything so was curious if anyone knew?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Curious question regarding the term "tank". Where does it come from and how did it start in terms of the sports reference? And is it a tank as in a military tank? Or a tank as in a septic tank? or a tank as in blindly drunk (I'm tanked)? or something totally unrelated?

I tried googling it a while back and couldn't find anything so was curious if anyone knew?

I think it's a derivation from a boxing term when matches used to be fixed. Someone "in the tank", was a derivation from the carnival game where you threw a ball or something to dunk someone. If you were already in the tank, you already lost. I think the meaning being applied to sports came in with the boxing reference. If a fighter was prepared to throw the fight, he was already in the tank.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I think it's a derivation from a boxing term when matches used to be fixed. Someone "in the tank", was a derivation from the carnival game where you threw a ball or something to dunk someone. If you were already in the tank, you already lost. I think the meaning being applied to sports came in with the boxing reference. If a fighter was prepared to throw the fight, he was already in the tank.

Ah..excellent. Thanks Vagrant. Other than being in a tank (like a septic tank) where you were at the bottom, I couldn't figure out how it could apply. This makes some sense.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i did a fantasy draft in nhl 14 today bow to my genius

havlat - bergeron - doan
whitney - seguin - barkov
cooke - o. jokinen - kuznetsov
pearson - boyle - coyle
briere

j.johnson - byfuglien
gardiner - hamilton
hejda - hainsey

bernier
giguere

why does the team not just do this???

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
andrej sekera had 2 points last night if he did that every night he would probably win the norris trophy as the leagues top defenseman whos with me???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad