GDT: Carolina @ #nynewyorkislanders: Déjà Vu all over again

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
First observations so far.

I didn't and still don't agree with Hainsey sitting.
Gleason deserves a nod. He got his ass in shape and looks good. His toughness is always welcome.
Rask is earning his spot in actual games now, regardless of production.
We need to sign sekera now. I don't care what we would get at the deadline for him, he's a top 4 guy on any team and he's in his prime.
Welcome back tlusty. Good luck finding your linemates.
I like that we are playing tougher, but we are really bad at it even when we try. Just not built that way. Long term issue.
Lindy is progressing well. He's a pest with vision and hands.

Ps. I like brown. Good role player. Smart.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
when Eric got hit it looked like a whiplash...neck strain or mild concussion maybe.

Whatever is bothering him was bothering him the game before as well. I remember noticing that he was hurt in the second half of the previous game. I think whatever happened just aggravated whatever was bothering him. I'm guessing shoulder.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If it isn't his head, Eric is going to play. And he'll be bemoaned for not giving it everything he's got, despite the probability that he's playing with a significant injury.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
there may come a time soon when the top guys on rosters are being more protected in camps and pre-season. just too risky for the players and franchises to have them out or dealing with lingering issues going into the regular season.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
there may come a time soon when the top guys on rosters are being more protected in camps and pre-season. just too risky for the players and franchises to have them out or dealing with lingering issues going into the regular season.

Trouble is that there is a real need to get guys into game scenarios to get them back up to game speed, and the only real way to do that is the preseason games. Scrimmages never have the same speed or intensity.

To an extent, most star forwards are pretty protected, only playing in two or three games out of 5 or whatever. We just got stupidly unlucky this year.

caniac315

Nov 21, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I couldn't take any more and had to change the channel. I watched Dr Pol castrate a bunch of bulls instead. Game two and it's already that kind of season. But deep down, I think we all knew it would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad