Value of: Carolina needs a top 4 RHD... badly

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If it costs more than a second and a b prospect, then roll with what we’ve got. I wouldn’t trade a first for anything that doesn’t have term and a spot high in the lineup when we’re healthy.

We’ve got depth for a reason. Use it. If we’re trading for anyone let it be cheap stop gaps. Pesce and Hamilton come back at some point. We’re a borderline playoff team. Don’t overpay just to get through the rest of this season.

I second this.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Risto certainly is not going to be cheap. 25 year old big, strong good skating RHD who is on pace for his FIFTH straight 40+ point season even though his ice time and PP time has been significantly reduced. Risto leads the Sabres in hits (has double the 2nd placed player), is 2nd in blocked shots, is a tough strong Dman with snarl, and is a good PKer. After going -41 last year he is currently +2. His +/- is literally PLUS 43 BETTER. Has a player ever put up that big of a positive difference before?!?

Risto is only available for a 2C. He is not going to be given away. Unless Carolina is going to give up 1st+good prospect that can be immediately flipped for a 2C I highly doubt he is going to be traded. Buffalo has kept Risto this long, they are not going to give him away now.

Maybe Risto for Necas + 2nd

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Maybe Risto for Necas + 2nd

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Mike Green is available and it would not cost you much either. Maybe a 3rd that turns into a 2nd if Carolina makes the playoffs or something like that.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Petry to Carolina for Bean, Geekie/Stelio/ Kukkonen and 1st. I conditional pick if Petry re-sign or performance based should be added.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Can Habs fans stop trying to sell us on Petry?

Why the hell would we want a 32-year old RD under contract next year for $5.5M when we've already got Hamilton and Pesce as our top 2 RD's and trade a 1st+good prospect for him?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
1st, Nino, prospect for Kreider

2nd, prospect for Vantanen

Roll with Ned in net for now

I’m with you on the 2nd and would be ok with the third but not comfortable trading a first for a rental - especially a forward which is our area of least need. Maybe you view Nino as a cap dump or want to re-sign Kreider, though?

The Faulker

Dec 1, 2013
I’m with you on the 2nd and would be ok with the third but not comfortable trading a first for a rental - especially a forward which is our area of least need. Maybe you view Nino as a cap dump or want to re-sign Kreider, though?

Yeah, the idea is dumping Nino’s contract to help make room for a Kreider extension.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad