Post-Game Talk: Carolina Hurricanes at New York Rangers 12/1/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I just don't see much with Nieves. His defense leaves something to be desired for a 4th line player, and I don't see much offense from him. He's a big, fast player but aside from that..meh.

I definitely don't see any sort of 10-15 goal output from him ever. Aside from that first game, he's got 1 assist in the last 11 games (an EN assist).

I disagree. I think he has been pretty noticeable even though he isn't scoring and the 4th line has had their share of offensive zone time. He's fast, big and forechecks well and he's ok defensively. This is his first year so I'm going to give him some slack but I see him as a 10 goal kinda guy and a solid 4th line center.

Reactions: egelband

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Brett Cyrgalis' headline was that it was an ugly win. No such thing. A win is a win is a win. Looking for a work of art at this point of the season is a fool's game. Stuff it, Brett.

Plus it wasn't even that ugly. Rangers had decent time on offense. Per Corsica we were close in Corsi (despite leading) and ahead in Extra goals. The ugliest part iirc was the end of the second. Seemed like we spent several minutes straight on D. Otherwise it was acceptable.

The Rangers are capable of serving up uglier wins that that.

EDIT: turns out I was looking at the wrong chart on Corsica! Rangers were worse than I thought. Oh well.

Last edited:
Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
I disagree. I think he has been pretty noticeable even though he isn't scoring and the 4th line has had their share of offensive zone time. He's fast, big and forechecks well and he's ok defensively. This is his first year so I'm going to give him some slack but I see him as a 10 goal kinda guy and a solid 4th line center.
Agee! Nieves looks to be coming along nicely. Seems to be getting comfortable and confident. To me he is currently becoming a decent two-way center. He has not scored but looks to be getting into the correct areas but does not shoot. Not sure what his shot even looks like !!! Defensively his positioning is less than perfect but can recover. Has made some sneaky good defensive plays.
The speed, size and willingness are in place just has to adjust to reading plays. Have not seen a shift where there was a hint of give-up!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Not sure what the good scoring chances were.....but we seemed to have a decided edge despite the shot differential. Hank really seemed to have an easy game. We OTH, had many good quality chances with a relatively low total. Just my opinion.
And Yes......Carolina is on the cusp of being really good. They can make some noise and it wouldn't surprise me if they give everyone in the Metro tons of trouble throughout the season and yet probably fall short of a PO spot.
My wishlist was Zbad 2 years ago......now I want AHO! He didn't get his 1st goal until a couple weeks ago, think he has 5 now and he is simply GOOD! Love him and he will be a star sometime soon. Me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad