Post-Game Talk: Carolina Hurricanes at New York Rangers 12/1/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Very great sign that after the putrid first goal Hank settled in and had an excellent game.

If this was last season he would've probably given up another in the 1st and struggled the rest of the game. He was great and the penalty shot save was the key play.

Speaking of that penalty shot, that was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in my life. That shouldn't have even been a penalty, let alone a penalty shot. Skinner got a great chance off on the breakaway, he very easily could've scored there if Hank didn't stop him. Then he gets a penalty shot? Unreal, completely inept officiating.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Heal up Zibby. I must say tho that line still looks decent mostly because Kreider looks like a beast right now. Both ends of the ice

Reactions: torirose1998

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Getting closer to Bure's record.

Grabner a generational empty net scorer?
Yes, 5 open nets, happy for him - it could be a 4 pts game if he lifted the puck over to Zucc on the rush in the 3rd! :)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Oh and this reminded me of something I wanted to ask if anyone remembers:

Last playoffs when we blew the leads with empty nets vs Montreal and Ottawa, was Grabner ever on the ice? Honestly, having speed out there should be prioritized and at least one speedy winger should be on the ice. Grabner's speed is so perfect for those situations, he pressures point men better than any winger on the team, his speed helps him disrupt passing lanes quicker and he can pounce on loose pucks quicker. And a loose puck can turn into a goal and seal the game with him out there. He should be a LOCK to always be on the ice when the other team's goalie is pulled.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I hope with all this banter about Grabner's EN goal scoring that we realize how good he has been at everything else as well. PK, Defending, Scoring big third period goals. In tonight's case a beautiful second period goal that probably only kreider can score on this team

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hank did something he hasn't always been able to do in his career. He gave up a terrible goal and shut it down afterwards. Kudos, proud of him. Also McDonagh was great in my eyes, agreed?

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
So resign Grabner and get Nash for a 1st then go back to Nash if we have any cap left with a dicsount contract? :)

Reactions: will1066

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Very great sign that after the putrid first goal Hank settled in and had an excellent game.

If this was last season he would've probably given up another in the 1st and struggled the rest of the game. He was great and the penalty shot save was the key play.

Speaking of that penalty shot, that was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in my life. That shouldn't have even been a penalty, let alone a penalty shot. Skinner got a great chance off on the breakaway, he very easily could've scored there if Hank didn't stop him. Then he gets a penalty shot? Unreal, completely inept officiating.
It brings up, for me at least, a question I have always asked. Where is the effort by the NHL to provide some quality control/assurance? They have the tools they need, yet they show no consistency. Obviously, I'm not referring to the hard to decipher, fast moving blurry play interpretations. I do not just accept these blatantly awful calls. Skinner did not look hampered at all on the shot he took in the first place, without any replay. With replay, it only reinforced how completely bad the call was.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I hope with all this banter about Grabner's EN goal scoring that we realize how good he has been at everything else as well. PK, Defending, Scoring big third period goals. In tonight's case a beautiful second period goal that probably only kreider can score on this team

Yeah but according to a poster on here he's a 4th liner.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Grabner has been such a great signing. 27 goals last year and 13 already this year plus all the other stuff he does, all for a couple mil a year.

Reactions: Ori and bl02

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nash is done with us. We need his money elsewhere.
Yes we`ve too many RFA signings - we can`t afford to resign all these UFA players - hopefully Gorton get a future picks with a team who plans to sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad