May 4, 2010
Beijing
They forced Chucky to wing.
Traded Subban for Weber.
Lost Radulov and Markov for nothing.
Signed Alzner.
Traded for Shaw
Traded Sergy for a winger.

Them taking Tkachuk at 3 is just par for the course. I expect it. It won't take long for the pick to be universally hated in perspective to the rest of the top 10 and MB won't survive the year.

Blowing this pick is a given, I'm more interested in what they do with the 2nds. Expecting two gone for a new Shaw.

Next year when we are top 10 is when I will be excited because it won't be Bergy and Churla in charge.
Relax, they're not taking tkachuk at 3. They don't blow their high picks. Didn't blow chuky, didn't blow sergy. I was high on forsberg, but chuky is good too. What a shit draft that was.

You're right to be worried, but you can rest easy, they're gonna get the czech or the Russian and that'll be that

Take it to the bank yo

Reactions: HankyZetts and 417

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Relax, they're not taking tkachuk at 3. They don't blow their high picks. Didn't blow chuky, didn't blow sergy. I was high on forsberg, but chuky is good too. What a **** draft that was.

You're right to be worried, but you can rest easy, they're gonna get the czech or the Russian and that'll be that

Take it to the bank yo

We will see. Bergevin doesn't like Chucky and I think we are gonna see him impose his stupid will on this pick.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
They forced Chucky to wing.
Traded Subban for Weber.
Lost Radulov and Markov for nothing.
Signed Alzner.
Traded for Shaw
Traded Sergy for a winger.

Them taking Tkachuk at 3 is just par for the course. I expect it. It won't take long for the pick to be universally hated in perspective to the rest of the top 10 and MB won't survive the year.

Blowing this pick is a given, I'm more interested in what they do with the 2nds. Expecting two gone for a new Shaw.

Next year when we are top 10 is when I will be excited because it won't be Bergy and Churla in charge.

I haven’t seen much of Tkachuk honestly but I do get the feeling it’s style of play and ceiling that’s turning people off. Is it really as awful as people are making out if we did take him or would most fans warm up to him? I’ve never seen a prospect ranked as high as him get treated so poorly before a draft. Maybe I’m missing something?

Reactions: NoQuinn

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Hey guys just curious, why all the hate for Thachuk? All the guys with credibility are very high on him.

I mean I love all of the back and forth on here but there is a real air of arrogance when you guys put him down as if he is destined to fail or suck when McKenzie, THN, Lebrun et al all have him ranked top four. In some cases he is ranked 3rd ahead of Zadina.

Im not suggesting he would be a better pick than Zadina by any means but it wouldnt be bad if the habs landed Thachuk.

Reactions: HankyZetts and 417

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Hey guys just curious, why all the hate for Thachuk? All the guys with credibility are very high on him.

I mean I love all of the back and forth on here but their is a real air of arrogance when you guys put him down as if he is destined to fail or suck when McKenzie, THN, Lebrun et al all have him ranked top four. In some cases he is ranked 3rd ahead of Zadina.

Im not suggesting he would be a better pick than Zadina by any means but it wouldnt be bad if the habs landed Thachuk.

Because it is HF, were all the secret scouts live.... they know better then most

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Yes because the scouts ALWAYS get it right, eh? Why even have a message board to discuss? Just post an article from 1 of the scouts and we can all read it and be content with the information.
Discussion is a great thing. Why I am here. But this constant anti-bergevin narrative that invades everything on here is exhausting.

Nothing wrong with suggesting Zadina is better pick and defending your view. But base it in reality not some outlandish hyperbolic frenzy.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It doesn't matter who they select. They could trade up to #1, take Dahlin, and turn him into another Yakupov. Just assume that whoever they pick will be a bust. You'll sleep better at night.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I mean I love all of the back and forth on here but there is a real air of arrogance when you guys put him down as if he is destined to fail or suck when McKenzie, THN, Lebrun et al all have him ranked top four. In some cases he is ranked 3rd ahead of Zadina.

Late birthday
Production relative to peers in league are late firsts last year
Complimentary skill set
Bad feet
Disappeared in NCAA playoffs
Development curve looks to be flatlining

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Hurricanes likely to 'make some changes,' GM says

The top three forwards are Barrie's Andrei Svechnikov, Brady Tkachuk of Boston University and Halifax's Filip Zadina. What makes each of them special?

"Certainly all those players bring different qualities. Tkachuk, we all know his dad (forward Keith Tkachuk) played for me [with the Atlanta Thrashers] when we won that division [in 2006-07]. That family, and he's got a brother playing in Calgary [forward Matthew Tkachuk], you know what they're all about. I think everybody would love to have those type of players. Svechnikov scored 40 goals in 44 games; we talk about goal scoring in our League and we're not a high-scoring team, goals are obviously hard to come by, so you've got to look at that. And Zadina, he's an all-around very talented player that played with one of our draft picks, [forward Martin] Necas, two years ago. He's a guy that we're very familiar with. Those three guys we certainly have to do our homework on."

How much does it matter that Zadina and Necas have been successful linemates for the Czech Republic at international tournaments?
"We've talked about it. … It's a factor. How much of a factor, in time we'll know. You get to know the players because now we can ask our player, and obviously he's only got good things to say about him. At the end of the day players will adapt to who they're playing with, and we're going to continue to just make sure that we get the right player."

40 goals in 44 games and they're not a high-scoring team, no way they'll pass on Andrei.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
That's the way I see it. I see no reason to think Bergevin doesn't like Galchenyuk in general. He doesn't like him at center, but if he didn't like him at all, dude wouldn't be here.

Why did galchenyuk sign a deal that takes him right to UFA then?

habsfan92

Jun 5, 2005
winnipeg
Svechnikov and Zadina seems like players that can drive the offence, whereas Tkachuk is more of a complimentary player that needs someone else to be creative with the puck. That is what I see anyways. I don't even think Tkachuk will play center at the NHL level, looks more like a winger-from my limited viewing at the WJ.
I would be disappointed if the didn't take Svech or Zadina of him.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Late birthday
Production relative to peers in league are late firsts last year
Complimentary skill set
Bad feet
Disappeared in NCAA playoffs
Development curve looks to be flatlining
Quote from Matthew his brother: “"He's way bigger and stronger than I am," said Matthew, who was 6-1, 202 pounds when he was drafted. "Around the net we're pretty similar. He's a lot faster than I am. He's more of a threat in all areas of the game than I was. I was a little more offensive minded where he provides everything. He's tougher than I am, he's more physical than I am. From what I've seen he looks like he could be a step ahead of me."

"He's a complete package who can be impactful in every situation, with and without the puck. If you need a goal, he'll go get a scoring chance. If you're protecting a lead, he'll be responsible defensively. If you need someone to go in there and throw their weight around a little bit, he's a guy who steps up. He seems to rise to those occasions." - Director of NHL Central Scouting Dan Marr

Source: Top of the Class: Brady Tkachuk

Rankings

• NHL Central Scouting: 2nd (among NA Skaters)
  • Future Considerations: 3rd
  • McKeen’s Hockey: 5th
  • Hockeyprospect.com: 5th
  • ISS Hockey: 4th
  • Bob McKenzie: 4th
  • Craig Button: 2nd
  • Jeff Marek: 4th
According to scouts he is a faster more skilled player than his already successful brother Matthew.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Not that I think Tkachuk will bust in the NHL, but if that is the player Habs are considering, they should all give in their resignation now. There are superior skilled players at 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
"He's a complete package who can be impactful in every situation, with and without the puck. If you need a goal, he'll go get a scoring chance. If you're protecting a lead, he'll be responsible defensively. If you need someone to go in there and throw their weight around a little bit, he's a guy who steps up. He seems to rise to those occasions." - Director of NHL Central Scouting Dan Marr

Source: Top of the Class: Brady Tkachuk

Rankings

• NHL Central Scouting: 2nd (among NA Skaters)
  • Future Considerations: 3rd
  • McKeen’s Hockey: 5th
  • Hockeyprospect.com: 5th
  • ISS Hockey: 4th
  • Bob McKenzie: 4th
  • Craig Button: 2nd
  • Jeff Marek: 4th
According to scouts he is a faster more skilled player than his already successful brother Matthew.
Aww crap! Now I know for sure that we're taking Tkachuk.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad