News Article: Carolina GM talked today ..mentions Zadina and more

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
I wouldn't be surprised at all if they take Zadina. Maybe they're trying to bait Montreal into a trade to move down one spot so they can get Zadina. All these interviews and pre draft processes are about mind games. Only time will tell.

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Doesn't mean they are right. Tkachuk will probably be a good 2nd liner that can create space for the more talented players. A team like Buffalo would actually make a lot of sense, he can create space for Eichel, Reinhart, Mittlestat...etc and will compliment them far more effectively. Whereas for the Habs don't have the talent for him imo. Who is he going to create space for? Philipp Danault? Get the more offensively talented player for this offensively lacking team.
I think he's a plus first liner in the making and guys like drouin and galchenyuk would benefit greatly from playing with him.

Having said that, I 100% take zadina if Carolina takes svech.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Pretty appropriate that the first thing (and only thing) that comes to mind in that article about Tkachuk is his family.

Its probably the biggest reason why he's even being discussed in the same context as Svechnikov and Zadina. If his last name was Tkakov, he would be ranked around 10.

Please do not take this guy 3rd overall Timmins. Just dont.

Last edited:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I can't see Carolina picking Zadina at 2. However, if they do really like him then it means the cost to swap picks might be reasonable.

Reactions: Ethan Wiles

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Price, McDonagh, Galchenyuk, Sergachev, he's done so in the past when other GMs pass on a good player with a lottery pick...

He's also had a lot of misses. I don't think it has anything to do with Timmins "pouncing" as much as it has to do with almost everyone getting it right given how high the pick is.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
From what I get is player chemistry is important. If Necas is to be their future #1 centre, then yes Canes will take Filip Zadina. People are selling Zadina short on this board. He's an all around player. Sniper, two way 3 zones player. He's also 6'1" 196lbs which isn't small.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Carolina will choose Zadina and then the Habs will take Tkachuk, which will be hilarious.
tumblr_nmz6slbyb61tbibmto1_500ff.jpg

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Bergy said a few times he wants to make the team more offensive and add speed. He is not taking Tkachuk, it’s Zadina or Svech if CAR don’t take him.

There's a difference between what Bergevin says and what he actually do.

Pretty sure they're high on Tkachuk.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
im afraid its gonna send him straight to suicide watch

They forced Chucky to wing.
Traded Subban for Weber.
Lost Radulov and Markov for nothing.
Signed Alzner.
Traded for Shaw
Traded Sergy for a winger.

Them taking Tkachuk at 3 is just par for the course. I expect it. It won't take long for the pick to be universally hated in perspective to the rest of the top 10 and MB won't survive the year.

Blowing this pick is a given, I'm more interested in what they do with the 2nds. Expecting two gone for a new Shaw.

Next year when we are top 10 is when I will be excited because it won't be Bergy and Churla in charge.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's very hard to trust MB..............that being said, there is some new blood in the organization, and Molson is supposedly working with MB on a day to day basis..............

Hold your breath guys, the draft is in 3 weeks...

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Announcing he will play NCAA for sure before the draft was not the smart move. I think Tkachuk/Agent realized this and adjusted their tune

I dunno, I'm not too concerned with it. I'm sure they are very confident he'll be a top-10 pick. Maybe he hurt his stock as a top-5 pick with that announcement, but end of the day, he'll be drafted and drafted as a high pick. It won't affect his contract because he'll likely also get the max ELC contract if he decides to play.

The changing of the tune I think is just more about keeping options open.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dunno, I'm not too concerned with it. I'm sure they are very confident he'll be a top-10 pick. Maybe he hurt his stock as a top-5 pick with that announcement, but end of the day, he'll be drafted and drafted as a high pick. It won't affect his contract because he'll likely also get the max ELC contract if he decides to play.

The changing of the tune I think is just more about keeping options open.

It's just not something you do as a prospect. That's why they took a step back from that stance IMO. No big deal like you said though as he is likely going in the top 10 regardless. However, teams will be asking him questions about that comment out of curiosity. Extra attention he don't need

Reactions: sandviper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad