News Article: Carolina GM talked today ..mentions Zadina and more

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
No because there would be a much better winger available (zadina).

Why would the management pick Tkachuk over Zadina? What does Tkachuk over Zadina? Pretty much nothing. Both are character guys, but Zadina is much more skilled.

The only reason Ive read for taking tkachuk is "we have a horrible gm so that means we will pick tkachuk", which is a terrible argument.

Furthermore, at the combine the management said they were going to pick a guy who will help them longterm. Not the guy who can play and help the team right now. That eliminates both Zadina and Tkachuk.

Bergevin talked about a guy being of late birth and going in the top 5 when asked about the lack of center available at 3rd overall. He was obviously taking about Kotkaniemi. Tkachuk, on the other hand, is the oldest player in the draft, so another reason to believe we wouldnt pick him.

So yea other than wanting to be negative there is no reason to think we will pick tkachuk.

You don't have to be negative to think the Habs will pick Tkachuk. Scouts have him going around where we pick and several have us picking Tkachuk so why is that, do you think the scouts are also negative? Maybe there's something about Zadina's game they don't like, maybe they think Tkachuk can be a center. Posters want to trade up with the Canes hoping they want Zadina with Necas but maybe the Habs want think they would have a great duo in Tkachuk-Poehling. Who knows what they think, but to suggest that thinking they will pick him is only for posters that want to be negative is just wrong imo.

He's a good hockey player, and I think its funny the people that love Poehling have anything bad to say about this kid.. again, I hope they take a dman anyways.

If they traded down I wouldn't have a problem if they picked him, I just don't want him at 3rd overall. That said as someone that watched almost every game Poehling played this year, both he and Tkachuk were in their age 18 season and while Poehling was on a better team and one of the highest scoring in the entire NCAA Poehling had the better numbers by ppg. They actually put the exact same number of pts but Poehling did it in 36 games vs 40 for Tkachuk.

That said I was so impressed with Poehling, his speed, skating, two way play, doubled his goal production. Tkachuk is a different player but I don't think he has the same skating/speed/mobility as Poehling and for me if I'm the Habs I'm taking guys that have very good skating/speed/mobility and would stay clear of guys with skating or speed issues unless I felt they were easily fixable. Look at Galchenuk, now he hasn't been handled the best but with his skating/speed issues who knows if he'll ever be that 70+ player that his skill level shows he should be.

Reactions: blarneylad

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You don't have to be negative to think the Habs will pick Tkachuk. Scouts have him going around where we pick and several have us picking Tkachuk so why is that, do you think the scouts are also negative? Maybe there's something about Zadina's game they don't like, maybe they think Tkachuk can be a center. Posters want to trade up with the Canes hoping they want Zadina with Necas but maybe the Habs want think they would have a great duo in Tkachuk-Poehling. Who knows what they think, but to suggest that thinking they will pick him is only for posters that want to be negative is just wrong imo.

Most posts about habs picking tkachuk is followed by "f*** this team", "bergevin is a terrible gm" or some other sorts of negative comment. These posts are toxic and don't contain any reasoning as to why we would pick him.

Logically speaking, there isn't any reason to believe we will pick tkachuk. Poehling and tkachuk had like what 1 pt together? There isn't really a proven chemistry between the two. If anything Zadina would go much better with poehling since you have a sniper and a playmaker.
Everything the habs said point to us not picking tkachuk.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Great idea to draft for size and intangibles at 3rd overall.

I mean what could go wrong?It worked at 20something overall with pick like Tinordi and McCarron!

:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Most posts about habs picking tkachuk is followed by "f*** this team", "bergevin is a terrible gm" or some other sorts of negative comment. These posts are toxic and don't contain any reasoning as to why we would pick him.

Logically speaking, there isn't any reason to believe we will pick tkachuk. Poehling and tkachuk had like what 1 pt together? There isn't really a proven chemistry between the two. If anything Zadina would go much better with poehling since you have a sniper and a playmaker.
Everything the habs said point to us not picking tkachuk.

Of course you are going to get f*** this team and bergevin is a terrible gm when you have one of the worst seasons in this great franchises history. I mean why wouldn't posters be pissed off. If we didn't face the Sens/Sabers/Wings so much we likely would have been the worst team in the NHL. So it's very understandable that fans are pissed. Don't know how anyone would not get that.

Logically speaking there are several reasons to pick Tkachuk, because scouts rank him right where we are picking, our GM clearly has outdated concepts that aren't working and his judgement of talent seems to need improvement. The Habs are small and soft thanks to players like Drouin who plays like a cream puff, so clearly they have a need for size and someone that brings a physical game. Plus even though he played wing, MB could view him as a center, since he's f***ing terrible at his job.

Poehling and Tkachuk, could make for a good 3rd line duo as guys with size, solid defensive play and some offensive skill that maybe if they progress/develop more could land them as 2nd liners in time.

As for what the Habs said, who knows as it's not exactly smart to telegraph your moves a few weeks before the draft unless you are picking 1st.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Of course you are going to get **** this team and bergevin is a terrible gm when you have one of the worst seasons in this great franchises history. I mean why wouldn't posters be pissed off. If we didn't face the Sens/Sabers/Wings so much we likely would have been the worst team in the NHL. So it's very understandable that fans are pissed. Don't know how anyone would not get that.

Logically speaking there are several reasons to pick Tkachuk, because scouts rank him right where we are picking, our GM clearly has outdated concepts that aren't working and his judgement of talent seems to need improvement. The Habs are small and soft thanks to players like Drouin who plays like a cream puff, so clearly they have a need for size and someone that brings a physical game. Plus even though he played wing, MB could view him as a center, since he's ****ing terrible at his job.

Poehling and Tkachuk, could make for a good 3rd line duo as guys with size, solid defensive play and some offensive skill that maybe if they progress/develop more could land them as 2nd liners in time.

As for what the Habs said, who knows as it's not exactly smart to telegraph your moves a few weeks before the draft unless you are picking 1st.
when You have the number 3 pick you don't draft 3rd liners with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad