GDT: Carolina Flurrys @ New Jersey Adramelechs

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
With both Carolina pp goals the devils were inches away from scoring sh to take a lead. I think with a little more effort / luck the Devils would have the w but alas you can't win em all. Every once in awhile the team needs a game like this to make sure they don't become complacent.

Also in the final minute the game was almost tied which pretty much had to do with luck of how the puck bounced. Nothing to get down on, at least they know they were in this one all the way and had they played with more urgency luck wouldn't have had to be a factor.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't mind when the Devils lose but when they lose because of a lack of effort that bothers me.

They just weren't up for that game. Lot's of mental mistakes and missing that extra gear. I suppose they were bound for a let down after last week....I'm sure they had last week circled on their calendars since the schedule was announced...so a letdown is understandable but not acceptable.

NHL Fanatik*

Those are my nhl13 lines. They do great. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

How do you get those to be your NHL 13 lines, when EA hasn't come out with a roster update in a while now?

For Xbox 360, I'm speaking

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I thought we were a step slow to every loose puck and every battle tonight. I thought we would come out with way more energy than we did against a team and goalie that played the previous night.

Regardless, Kovy came to play which was good to see. CBGB had another solid game. I thought Marty played pretty well overall, just had a couple bounces go against him. Shake it off, beat the piss out of Philly Friday, and all will be forgotten.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Last night was a game where we did not need Barch in the lineup.
If only we had an extra forward to insert in to the lineup.

SOS Lou

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Ya whatever. Sucks that it was an expected letdown game and it still happened. Hopefully they don't let it snowball.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
We play the Islanders again on Saturday? Seriously I think we've played them like once a week so far. Getting tired of seeing them.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Those are my nhl13 lines. They do great. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that.

Agree with the lines. I don't hate Josefson, but he just doesn't create any offense at all. Time to give the new guy a look in the middle. Maybe the earlier Pittisburg loss was bad, but I thought last night was the worse game the Devils have played thus far. I don't want to meet the Canes in the playoffs, which I believe they will make. They just seem to have our number. Also thought Zajac and Henrique had their worse game and I'm still mad a Fayne, we were a few minutes from at least stealing a point, but he got pissed and took a selfish and undisciplined penalty. Can't let this type of game grow into something worse, teams like Carolina, Rangers and Toronto are begining to play well.

Last edited:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Maybe I'm a homer, but I thought Clarkson got mugged all game and deserved to get at least 2 calls in his favor. Need to get Barch out and seems like not many are a little upset with Fayne for taking a retalitory penalty late in the 3rd.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I don't mind when the Devils lose but when they lose because of a lack of effort that bothers me.

They just weren't up for that game. Lot's of mental mistakes and missing that extra gear. I suppose they were bound for a let down after last week....I'm sure they had last week circled on their calendars since the schedule was announced...so a letdown is understandable but not acceptable.

What makes it sting even worse is that short handed chance that went through the crease and right by Henrique's stick. Elias made a beauty of a move and pass to get it there and 2 inches back it was in the net and we had a tie 3-3 game going into OT and at least a point in what was the worst first 50 minutes of hockey I've seen in a long time from this team. I was used to the first 10 minutes on the heels and catching up after or the infamous 2nd period letdown last season but this, this was horrible.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
How do you get those to be your NHL 13 lines, when EA hasn't come out with a roster update in a while now?

For Xbox 360, I'm speaking

Use a PS3. But I create guys and I don't make them all superhuman. I try to make them as realistic as possible. But I run those lines 88% of the time. Top one especially. Don't wan a derail by talking video games. But I think this could be a valid 4 line set up however with Zubrus out it is a problem. The question is how can we address it until he's back.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Stafford is even more inconsistent then anyone on our squad. Zajac and Josefson would have icicles next to their name if we were living a game of NHL 13.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad