GDT: Carolina Flurrys @ New Jersey Adramelechs

Semak

It's a "it happens" loss. This is not a team that lacks effort on a consistent basis so I'm not worried.

Honestly, my first reaction to the Fayne penalty was "wow, what a dive!" Guy looked like he got the chair pulled from under him. Is that why he left the Ice Capades?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
The only thing worrisome about this loss to me is the penalty kill. Since the last game of the regular season last year it's been subpar. I love Gionta but he shouldn't be killing penalties.

What?! The PK has been unbelievable, during that win streak they were like 19 for 19 or something. The PK is our greatest strength and Gio is a big part of it.

You're going to get some weird/unlucky bounces sometimes when you have guys like Volch and Sal sacrificing their faces to block shots on the PK

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I thought the call on Fayne was BS, I'm sorry. It's called finishing your check. I guess next time he should just let him by using the Ole! defense method.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Another key from the game is we did not convert on the 3 2-on-1 chances we had in the game.

Matteau could not hit Zajac midway through the first (Travis was wide open in front), Clarkson did not bury his chance early in the 3rd all alone in front on a nice pass from I think Henrique and then the shorthanded odd man rush while the score was 2-2 in the 3rd.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Another key from the game is we did not convert on the 3 2-on-1 chances we had in the game.

Matteau could not hit Zajac midway through the first (Travis was wide open in front), Clarkson did not bury his chance early in the 3rd all alone in front on a nice pass from I think Henrique and then the shorthanded odd man rush while the score was 2-2 in the 3rd.

Don't forget Henrique missing the empty net tap-in from Elias.

As bad as we played, we still had plenty of chances to win.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Yeah that's odd about Gionta.

He's been very good on the PK. I like his speed and tenacity.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
no urgency, no chemistry..rough game. but, that it was our first home loss in regulation since march, i'll take it

apice3*

fayne was called for interference, not a crosscheck. Either way it was an awful call

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only thing worrisome about this loss to me is the penalty kill. Since the last game of the regular season last year it's been subpar. I love Gionta but he shouldn't be killing penalties.

Gio has done a fine job in replacing Parise on the PK. I'm not worried about the PK cause it's been pretty good this year. However 4 PP goals against in the last 3 games is mildly concerning. Especially against a horrible PP team like Carolina. I think it needs to be looked at before it gets out of control.

It always seems when our PP is really going, that our PK suffers a little bit. This happened last year as well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I keep saying it but most people don't agree with me. How long are we gonna keep Matteau on the first line? There was another time Matteau couldn't hit Kovy too that could have been a big scoring chance. There was about 3 missed passes from him last night. I like the guy, but he isn't for the first line. As long as he's on there Travis will not be doing much as far as putting up points.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
my streak is over :( sorry guys, the next GDT isnt mine...

please, Devils, start another streak friday <3

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I got a date tonight, and somehow I'm still not too excited because the Devils lost to this pathetic team last night!:rant:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don't let MacLoser and Scam Ward get to you.

Unfortunately the 2 more games left against those ****ers are in everybody's favorite city Raleigh!

I said yesterday I hate losing to this team more than Rangers or Flyers. I love beating the Rangers, and Flyers more than the Canes but ****** I hate losing to them more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->