Proposal: Carolina - Edmonton

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
V. Rask + 2018 4th

for

RNH

The $2M cap savings + 4th cover the talent gap and Edmonton keeps their C depth. Carolina hopes with a less defensive role, Nuge picks back up his offensive production.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
V. Rask + 2018 4th

for

RNH

The $2M cap savings + 4th cover the talent gap and Edmonton keeps their C depth. Carolina hopes with a less defensive role, Nuge picks back up his offensive production.

If the cap forces a move this is the type of deal I would like to see them make.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I would think the add would be on the other side given the salary constraints that Edmonton will be facing in the future.

I also don't know if there is much of a skill gap. I'm a big RNH fan but Rask's production has been very impressive.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I would think the add would be on the other side given the salary constraints that Edmonton will be facing in the future.

I also don't know if there is much of a skill gap. I'm a big RNH fan but Rask's production has been very impressive.

We don't know what the constraints will be right now. There is a reasonable chance that they could afford the current roster next year. It might not be until 2019-2020 if at all that they would be forced to make a move and by that time there could be lost of options.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Rask signed at $4 million for the next 5 years has to be enticing to any Cap strapped team. He's a solid 2nd line C.

I make the deal from the Canes side on the off-chance that RNH clicks with Skinner. Rask didn't find much chemistry with him and Derek Ryan is a low-end bandaid. At worst RNH likely replicates Rask's impact with a $2 million higher Cap. It's worth the gamble.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I'd reluctantly pull the trigger on this as a Canes fan. RNH could be a low-end #1C with Skinner and Williams. We're stuck with D Ryan as our #3C next year regardless, but the hope that maybe Saarela or Roy could take a top 9 C spot over the next few seasons to cheaply replace Rask and the talent upgrade makes it a worthwhile gamble.

I tend to think it'd be more of a 1-1 deal since CAR is potentially helping EDM out of a potential cap-crunch situation by dealing the cheaper and basically, at this point, very similar player.

Skinner-RNH-Williams
Aho-Staal-Lindholm
Teravainen-Saarela/Roy-Stempniak(if retained after this season)/Gauthier
Mcginn-Kruger-Nordstrom

Doesn't look too bad for 2018-19...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm a Canes fan who thinks that the Canes would need to add a bit more than a 4th. Of course, it assumes the Oilers want to move RNH for cap space, otherwise don't think they'd do it.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think it should be a higher pick than a 4th, but I like it.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
V. Rask + 2018 4th

for

RNH

this is actually a pretty fair deal in my opinion. i have always been a Rask fan and i'd like to see him in Oiler blue. i was actually hoping that the Oilers would draft him in his draft year but they took slug d-man David Musil instead. :shakehead

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
We don't know what the constraints will be right now. There is a reasonable chance that they could afford the current roster next year. It might not be until 2019-2020 if at all that they would be forced to make a move and by that time there could be lost of options.

Exactly. I don't know if $4m for a 3C is a really good option for the Oilers.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Rask signed at $4 million for the next 5 years has to be enticing to any Cap strapped team. He's a solid 2nd line C.

I make the deal from the Canes side on the off-chance that RNH clicks with Skinner. Rask didn't find much chemistry with him and Derek Ryan is a low-end bandaid. At worst RNH likely replicates Rask's impact with a $2 million higher Cap. It's worth the gamble.

Leon D is the oilers second line C

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Rask excites me... RNH not so much considering his $6million salary.... I think the oilers need to add..........not the canes..... And I don't see a reason for the canes to move Rask.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
Exactly. I don't know if $4m for a 3C is a really good option for the Oilers.

But $6m is? I would be happy with Rask as our 3C if we could have him for what was proposed, maybe could get a 3rd rounder but nothing I would demand.

Deplorable Lenny

Mar 2, 2017
British Columbia
V. Rask + 2018 4th

for

RNH

Not bad but as an Oiler fan I would wait until next summer before making such a trade.

They don't need cap space until then and I want to see what Nuge can do on McDavids line before trading him. Maybe get him going again and improve his trade value.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
RNH is better defensively and offensively. Rask is more reliable, 50% at faceoffs compared to RNH's abysmal 43%.
Feel like selling low. But cap saving may be a need. Get back to me at the draft!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
RNH is better defensively and offensively. Rask is more reliable, 50% at faceoffs compared to RNH's abysmal 43%.
Feel like selling low. But cap saving may be a need. Get back to me at the draft!

It's sure better than the Isles fan citizen journalist I saw on Twitter saying Clutterbuck for RNH straight up was a good deal for both sides :laugh:

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl
Lucic-Rask-Puljujarvi
Jokinen-Strome-Cagguila
Slepyshev-Letestu-Kassian

I could see it happening and wouldn't care much about the +

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Can't see the Canes doing this, there's really not enough value in RNH to justify them taking on 2 million more in salary for a third line center swap.

I think Edmonton would really have to add something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad